IGNORED

Harley License plate light kit...will it work on a RSTD?

Guest Coasty

Guest Coasty

I am wanting to add some additional lights to the rear of my 05' RSTD. I saw the thread on the Harley license plate light kit for the RSV. Can anybody tell me it this mod will work for my RSTD? Thanks for any input on the subject.

Guest Coasty

I am looking for someone that has installed the Harley license plate light kit on there RSTD. Specificly how does the kit attach or bolt onto the bike? Does it use existing holes on the bike or do I need to drill new ones to make the installation work. Thanks for any input to my delima.

Yes, it will work. I have on on my '99 RSV. I just looked at the Yamaha parts diagrams. The assembly bolts to the existing license plate bracket. The part number for the bracket is the same on my '99 RSV and your '05 RSTD so there should be no problem. As Tartan Terror said, some folks support them further with an L bracket to the trunk because there have been some reports of the vibration eventually cracking the license bracket. I've had mine for about 6 years and have had no problems.

• 4 weeks later...