IGNORED

Puc because you asked,

Brenner

Puc because you asked previously and that I am a man of my word, here is a video of my recent basket case project (Relic) in it's current state. Note the stock quiet mufflers of 1988? I am trying to build it era correct so that it stands out in a crowd. I do not want it to look like every other motorcycle out there or be stereo typed due to the brand.

And now the exhaust note on my FXRS (Grace) with her saddle bags off:

Much more noticeable and distinct do you not think so? Who says all Harleys are loud?

I am in need of advice and welcome thoughts and opinions. Some know but those who do not I will tell the story then ask for the opinion. Prior to me acquiring my decker I had a man approach me and ask if I wanted to trade my 1953 Bel Air for a 1983 shovel head decker. I did not get excited about it until he told me he wanted to make the trade the next upcoming weekend. Well when the time came he bought a 2005 sportster, had a change of heart and felt that his bike was worth more than what he thought and had invested into it and that the car was not worth the trade and wanted me to come up with a big difference for the bike. So it did not happen. Well that week I posted an ad and found the decker above as a basket case not running and been sitting for many years. Now the man who wanted the initial trade has seen me bring this steed back to riding condition and has approached me again last night after apologizing for backing out last time and wants to move forward in the deal again. In my opinion he will be losing $2000-$2500 in value of what he has invested ( I have seen the receipts) and I will be making a fair trade and not really losing any real value. The only thing is many people could not deal with the quirks of an old bike so it might take a bit longer to sell to find the right buyer. Any how I really no longer have a need for another bike, had it come a month earlier prior to the purchase of this decker above it would have been better for me. I do not have an interest in the car currently so I am torn on whether to do the deal or not. Do I really need a third Harley? Sure I do not own a shovel as of yet but do I really want a chain drive decker? Opinions? I think it is clear working on these rides is no problem but I can only ride one at a time so what to do? I guess if I do the deal I will have to post pics up of the shovel... lol... I need to be commited...

BEAUTIFUL BREN - JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!:clap2::clap2::dancefool::dancefool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks a gazillion!!! :thumbsup2:

I personally LOVE the sound of BOTH of them but, truthfully (maybe an age thing) I like the quiet humble rumble probably best.. Makes me miss Olivia even more:bawling:

Concerning the trade idea,,, ooppppsss,, door bell,, back shortly..

I have to agree Puc that the low sound of the decker is appealing in a touring bike. I do like the sound of my fxrs but if I were to ride it some distance it might get to me now that I am getting used to a quieter bike. As far as the trade I am still unsure and time will tell. I still have my c4 corvette, my 50 studebaker starlite coupe, my 70 trans am, 71 super beetle, my 95 impala ss, so losing the 53 is not that big a deal. Too many cars and projects not enough time or energy. Can't drive them all and not all my projects will be completed. I am a recovering hoarder of big toys.

I have to agree Puc that the low sound of the decker is appealing in a touring bike. I do like the sound of my fxrs but if I were to ride it some distance it might get to me now that I am getting used to a quieter bike. As far as the trade I am still unsure and time will tell. I still have my c4 corvette, my 50 studebaker starlite coupe, my 70 trans am, 71 super beetle, my 95 impala ss, so losing the 53 is not that big a deal. Too many cars and projects not enough time or energy. Can't drive them all and not all my projects will be completed. I am a recovering hoarder of big toys.

Sorry I took a bit to get back with ya Bren.. You got yourself a REALLY nice collection of awesome cars there bro!! And NOW an AWESOME Evo Harley to play with on top of everything else,, I know - cant never have enough toys but hey, if your insides are satisfied with where your at - I would just let it go at that!! Its not like the deals are getting rarer and rarer to find - matter of fact, I am SHOCKED at the stuff that is coming out of the woodwork (around here any way) for very very reasonable prices..