IGNORED

What motorcycle touring means to me, a person can never have enough friends.

cowpuc

Last summer while riding our Helix, Tip and I happened upon a fellow riding a gorgeous 89 Venture.. As always I mentioned our family here on VR to him..

Turn the page of life's story to yesterday and you would find us pulling into Baldwin Mi on our way home from Orlins MD in Wisconsin. As we came to a stop at US-10, I looked over my shoulder and noticed a rider on a Blue 89 sitting at a gas station.

Of course, I had to go back and chat..

As we chatted I mentioned VR and he mentioned that he had heard about our site. As we talked it became clear that he was the same rider we had chatted with last year down by our home in Muskegon!!:scared::big-grin-emoticon::thumbsup:

I was glad to hear Jeff (now a new member here known as @89venture) say that he wouldnt mind me making a short video of our conversation cause, and most of you varmints dont know this, my fingers just itch for my camera when opportunities like this pop up in life..

Anyway, :welcome1::welcome::wel_1Wa::2RED: 89Venture!! I hope you enjoy your time here!!

Oh, by the way,, if you need any help around here dont be afraid to ask!! A greater bunch of lop eared varmints you will never find!! :thumbsup:

I have a couple guys around me that I haven't been able to catch yet.

One was a rust colored first gen that I first saw on Summit Street in Elgin, IL. While stopped at a light, I got to tell him he had a great bike. He said he only had it a short time but was loving it. Tried to talk to him, but he had music in his helmet and could not hear me. I saw him again in St. Charles, but I was at a light and he was crossing at speed. Never caught up to him.

Second time, or is this third time...., I came out of a Jewel food store on Larkin Avenue, and there was a black 2nd gen in the parking lot. I waited a while, but the rider didn't come out. I think this is the same bike I have seen a few times, didn't bother to look at the rider.

The reason I ordered a bunch of the domed decals was to give them to riders that didn't know about this site.

Sure wish I had them with me in the car instead of in the trunk of the bike. ( rather wish I would have been on the bike )

Bob

@cowpuc, Knowing where I saw you in the morning you and I were probably having the same conversation mid-afternoon. We were filling up in Topinabee on the way back from St. Ignace and a guy pulled up at the other pump (in his car) and started chatting about his '07 Midnight. I've put some work into my bike with a Stratoliner front wheel and HD pipes being the most obvious and he asked about them, as well as telling him I did a valve adjustment and carb work. He pulls a trailer so i asked if he ever looked into re-gearing from a V-max, he didn't even know it was an option. He asked how long I've owned the bike that I know so much about them and working on them, even though it's only a year 1/2 this sit has provided so much information. I told him to check it out and look me up if he ever joins.

Edited by BratmanXj

Puc whats the farthest you have chased a bike down just to chat?

Hmmm,,,, lets see here Joe,,, other than riding half way across the country trying to catch up with the Cannon Ball Riders,,, hmmmm.. I would say probably 20 or 30 miles Joe.. We had a group of Venture riders go by one time on the highway and I was leary of cutting across the median cause it was in the open. We had to turn off at the next exit and go back the other way to catch em (good thing they weren't riding 1st Gens cause I would probably still be chasing em).. 5 or 10 mile chases are pretty much a common thing with me cause I get distracted by the prospect of meeting a new friend real easy and love to chat (like you didnt know that)..

Thats a pretty deep question there ETCS - never thought about it before..:big-grin-emoticon:

Hey,, wanna hear a short story? One time when we were headed out to a place called "The Dalles" in Orgeon to play with the Venture West folks I ran down a group of riders - at least one of which was riding a Venture, thinking they were all going to the same place we were.. Chased em into a resturant, walked in and started chatting with them about Venture West.. Come to find out they were just a group of folks out for a ride... That went over like a lead balloon, they looked at me like I wasnt all there or something.. I did invite them all to Venture West but noticed they went the opposite direction at a high rate of speed after that encounter:missingtooth:

If that ever happens again I think I will tell them my screen name is @etcswjoe on VR :stickpoke::stirthepot::hihi: