IGNORED

Canceling Vogel............................................. .............

DragonRider

Vogel is not being canceled, I have heard from some members and I have decided that I will do this years Tail of the Dragon/Vogel VII freestyle, meaning no fees and no frills. I would still like to receive a registration from those that plan on coming, but do not send any money, save it for a donation or raffle tickets when you get there. I will not have t-shirts or patches made and we will forgo the catered meal on Saturday. We will still have a the shelter for Sat. so we will still gather there for the afternoon for raffles and door prices and auctions. There wont be as much as in the past but we will have some. So if the fee's were holding you back, now you have no reason not to come. I hope this will convince some new members to come check out the area, its great riding and sights are many.

I will have a limited number of Cruisin' for St. Jude shirts available. Those will be free to each person that comes on a first come basis, I hope I have enough.

We will still have our regular ride into Blairsville, Ga, to dine at Fatz, which has great food and has always given us great food and service.

If you have already mailed me a check, I can return it to you or tear it up, or whatever you want me to do with it.

This event means a lot to me, and I really did not want to cancel, so we start a new chapter in the ongoing series, Tail of the Dragon/Vogel.Disregard the message below..............................

That title was meant to get everyone's attention..............I am not cancelling yet. Very little interest has been shown for this years event, and I have only received one (1) registration to date, and that one is from our furtherest traveling members, Annie and Alan. According to the poll only about 10 showing coming, and only 7 have RSVP. I depend on the registration fee's to help fund this event and its looking pretty grim right now. I still have to order shirts and patches and without a decent head count it makes it very difficult. I would hate to cancel it because its always been a great event with great people, and it would be a great disappointment to not have a good donation for the "Kids". If I have to cancel I would make sure that those that have reservations would be able to cancel in time without penalty from the park or wherever they stay and that is normally 30 day notice. So that would make the cutoff date around the 8th of July. Vogel is scheduled for Aug. 12-16.

Please, I do not want to cancel a great event that has been such a huge success for the "Kids" at St. Jude. My only other option would be to have the event with no fee's, no shirts and patches or catered meal and hope for the best.

Edited by DragonRider
Change in status......................................

vogel is a really great meet. i have been there several times. i would love to go this year but do to my age and health problems i can't travel far anymore. for you youngsters it's a no brainer. you also get to ride the dragon. lewis is a great guy and you help out st. jude.

Sorry Lewis, we can't be there either this year. Due to the date, we will be busy getting rid of our stuff and getting ready to hit the road. We have to have everything out of the house by the end of August. It's really hard to get rid of ALL your stuff.

I intend to bid on the auctions tho. Hummingbird made some really cool stuff!!! C'mon folks...please support St. Jude's! Such a worthy cause. This has just fallen at a bad time for us this year.

Patti and Don

I think this year many of us are having issues with finances and vacation time. Comeon people, it's a great 4 days spent with great people. Don't make me spend all 8 days we have scheduled to be in Blairsville with my mother in law.

My only other option would be to have the event with no fee's, no shirts and patches or catered meal and hope for the best.

Thats the way Asheville is set up and thats the way I prefer it.

The last couple of years have been very trying on us and I just don't have an extra $100 laying around to regester me and the wife, don't want or need any t-shirts, patches or door prizes. we prefer to feed ourselfs and already give plenty to St. Judes. A quick check of some posts proves we're not alone with a challenging recent past.

We're only a little over an hour from Vogel and would love to expand the list of friend's that I have already made here but have to be careful how I spend.

I hope this doesn't come across a crass or rude. It's not intended to.