IGNORED

Finally got hitched........to a trailer

pbjman

Well pulled mine the first time to maint day. Had to keep up with a couple of rockets. Didn't even know it was behind me. I put box on backwards it put the lock on same side of bike that you dismount from. And almost matches bags and trunks. You will like it.

Make sure you do the customer recommendations on the trailer. I posted a thread listing them on vr.org.

Yes, thanks. I already repacked the bearings, switched to LED lights, put eyebolts in place of the four mounting bolts, rubber hose on the leaf spring slider bolt, and shimmed the coupler. Going on a trip soon, so I will probably mount the spare underneath and add some red/white reflector tape around the trailer, but I probably won't have time to come up with a small cooler rack.

I put about 40 miles on two-up towing the trailer and with two of my bags of construction tools in the trailer for weight. Pulled real nice. "Hardly knew it was there" as many have said.

I've seen it stated that the trailer is only rated for 55mph and some have thought it is due to the small tires. The tires that came on mine are "N" rated which is 87mph.

Well pulled mine the first time to maint day. Had to keep up with a couple of rockets. Didn't even know it was behind me. I put box on backwards it put the lock on same side of bike that you dismount from. And almost matches bags and trunks. You will like it.

Hey I remember checking out the tag-along with the backwards box! I wondered if it was intentional or not, makes sense why you did it.

20150521_112029 (Small).jpgthere welded better than they were. But those little bearings are really spinning. I felt the hubs at fuel stops and no heat produced. And was up there in speed. so I think its for there protection I bet Edited by rbig1

Years ago I made a cooler box out of wood for the old Travelite camper I was towing and mounted the spare under the rack. I painted it black and it has worked good. I may can take a picture of it tomorrow if I can get to it. I am going to move it over to the Timeout Camper when I can.

Randy

Years ago I made a cooler box out of wood for the old Travelite camper I was towing and mounted the spare under the rack. I painted it black and it has worked good. I may can take a picture of it tomorrow if I can get to it. I am going to move it over to the Timeout Camper when I can.

Randy

yes, I would like to see that! My ability to fabricate with wood is better than with metal (gonna get a welder and learn how to use one someday)

If you read the thread I did about the Tag-Along... one of the things I did was have a neighbour add mounting brackets to the frame so I could move the box back about 4". Helps to balance the weight and be able to adjust the tongue weight. With the Tag-Along I usually run 30psi in the rear shock.

having the opening side of trailer puts you on the traffic side if you need to get into it on side of road the way you did it, having it on other side is much safer if you need to get into it on the side of the road.

With the box this way the aero coming off the back is much cleaner too, wonder how much it affects mileage?

Well pulled mine the first time to maint day. Had to keep up with a couple of rockets.

Who you callin' a "rocket"? Certainly not Haywood. Both you Second Gen guys were having a hard time keeping up. You pulling a trailer, I could understand, but Rick was solo without a trailer, and yet......:think::stirthepot::rasberry:

Who you callin' a "rocket"? Certainly not Haywood. Both you Second Gen guys were having a hard time keeping up. You pulling a trailer, I could understand, but Rick was solo without a trailer, and yet......:think::stirthepot::rasberry:

lol about time you woke up.........

yes, I would like to see that! My ability to fabricate with wood is better than with metal (gonna get a welder and learn how to use one someday)

My apologies for taking so long but I finally got some pictures. The box is now on my old camper and I will be moving it over to my Timeout Camper. I need to clean it up and paint it before I remount it.

Hope this helps.001.JPG002.JPG003.JPG004.JPG005.JPG

Randy