IGNORED

PA road suggestions needed.

Motiv

There is a small group of us heading to the Johnstown PA rally at the end of the month. I am looking for input on some nice twistie roads you folks may know of.

The itinerary is like this so far:

Thursday : take secondary roads from the Cleveland area to Warren PA. Check out the Kinzua dam regon and ride the 666.

Friday: head to the flight 93 memorial in Shanksville then to hotel in Blairsville PA.

Saturday : go to the rally for a short while and ride around.

Sunday : head for home on back roads.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Regards, Paul

​ I'd highly recommend Simpler Times Museum, near Tidioute, along Scenic Route 6. I seem to remember the sign on the door said "Open by appointment or chance", so it may be a crap shoot whether you can get in or not, but Rt. 6 is a nice ride anyway. When we went, they were closed, but the owner, 85+ years old came walking down from his house and let us in. Great fella, ...told some great stories. I seem to remember it was $4 to get in, but he has some pretty cool stuff in there.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g53823-d7083814-Reviews-Simpler_Times_Museum-Tidioute_Pennsylvania.html

For a nice 1 hour trip I would suggest Rt 271 out of Johnstown over the Laurel Ridge to Rt 711 North near Ligonier and then Rt 56 East back to J-town. For a longer ride I would suggest Rt 56 (East or South?) out of Johnstown to Rt 30 west at Bedford to Rt 259 North that is just past Ligonier then to Rt 22 East to Rt 56 (East or South?) back to J-town. For a relaxing trip home take Rt 403 north to Rt 36 at Punxsutawney, PA to I-80 at Brookville, PA then on to Cleveland. PM or call me with any questions.

A nice 300 mile ride from Kinzua to the Flight 93 Memorial would be to take Rte. 6 East to Galeton, then Rte. 144 South to Renovo, RTe.120 West to Driftwood, Rte. 555 West to Weedville, Rte. 255 South to Dubois, Rte. 219 South to Rte. 30 and Rte. 30 East to Flight 93 Memorial.

There are quicker ways for sure, but this would be a nice scenic ride if you are in no hurry.

While in the Ligonier area "Falling Water" is an interesting stop if you are into Frank Lloyd Wright. Also Quecreek mine is in Somerset, 2002 mine rescue if you remember, there is a nice museum/memorial. Guess it depends if you want to ride or sightsee.

Enjoy Pa, Craig

A nice 300 mile ride from Kinzua to the Flight 93 Memorial would be to take Rte. 6 East to Galeton, then Rte. 144 South to Renovo, RTe.120 West to Driftwood, Rte. 555 West to Weedville, Rte. 255 South to Dubois, Rte. 219 South to Rte. 30 and Rte. 30 East to Flight 93 Memorial.

There are quicker ways for sure, but this would be a nice scenic ride if you are in no hurry.

If you do go through Renovo, ya gotta stop and check out the scenic overlook.