IGNORED

Dunlop E-3 Front Tire Rotation/Tread Question???

Zzyzx

Need some advice from those who have run the E-3 front tire.

I mounted a new Dunlop E-3 front tire on my RSV following the directional arrow on the tire and rim but...looks like the tread is running in the opposite direction than I am used to with the old D-404's.

It is also the reverse from the rear tire which is a E-2

Is this correct rotation shown in the pictures or do I need to reverse it?

My concern is in rain would this not bring water toward the center of the tire and how this would corner or, am I just overthinking the factories pattern design.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_2506.JPGIMG_2507.JPGIMG_2508.JPG

I had Michelin Commander 11 s on the Road star I had they had basically the same thread pattern. my thought were the same as yours. They handled well in some very hard downpours. One time in the mountains of NC. I was totally surprised at how well they did. Never lost any traction even with water running across the road.

This is what my E3 looks like after 7800 miles on front of a 1st gen. Pretty sure the rotation is right. Handles OK. Shinko handled better, but was gone by 9000 miles. Rear only lasted 7000. I am hoping to double that with the E3's. Twice the price, so I better get twice the mileage.:biker:

E3.jpg

This season is my first use of the E3 tires on my 1st Gen. They seem so far to ride and handle great. I do still have my high speed weave though.(100 mph +) I had been running 36 psi front and 40 psi in the rear. Reading my owners manual I found recommended front psi should be 32 and rear 32 for high speed running and 36 to 40 psi in the rear for 2 up and / or carrying a heavy load. I am trying to tame the high speed weave. 2 good mechanics find nothing wrong with fall away, forks,alignment, or anything else but for a slightly warped rear brake rotor. (can NOT find a replacement rear rotor)

:whistling: Any thoughts on the tire pressure idea? :stirthepot:

...high speed weave though.(100 mph +) I had been running 36 psi front and 40 psi in the rear. Reading my owners manual I found recommended front psi should be 32 and rear 32 for high speed running and 36 to 40 psi in the rear for 2 up and / or carrying a heavy load. ...

On my 2nd Gen, I find if the front gets below 34psi it feels a little loose thru corners. You might have to experiment a bit with tire pressure to find what feels good for you. In the rear I run 37 to 40psi.

With your weaving... have you replaced the steering head bearings? Might be tire balance ?

Dunlop E3 front.JPGDunlop E3 front.JPGTire is mounted correct,,, if that is the left side.

My RSV with a 3 week old tire,,, but already has over 3K miles from a SC to Maine lobster run.

I got 26K miles on the last one, and it had a lot of tread left.

Sorry bout the sidewise pic, could not get it to go away.....

Edited by Mike G in SC