IGNORED

If it rains it pours!!!

Huggy

My G*d!! Just read that DragonRider spent the night in the hospital and Yammer Dan went down!!!! Mays been a tough month I'll be glad when it's over!!! My list for this month goes like this. Retaining wall along the drive way is giving way, PO built it out of logs and not cement. Wanted a rustic look. To get it fixed properly $2500+ dollars. Going to pull out rotten logs and replace with new ones. I'll be dead before it needs to be fixed again! Water pipes in basement started leaking BADLY!!! Flooded spare bedroom. What a mess! PO ran pipes through the closet then built a wall so that you can not get at the pipe joints. Fixed that cut pipe off in open part of basement and went out the wall where you can actually work on pipes should there be another problem. Drain on kitchen rotted out and flooded kitchen, why is it they only come apart when the sink is full of water??? Well pump started to leaked at a coupling. Called well guy in to fix and install a shut off valve $95. I was just too busy with the other leaks!!!! PO used a nylon coupling instead of copper/bronze/steel. It split and started leaking. Water softener went on the fritz!!! Need new one. Don't make parts for it any more. And the 25 year old Korean Boxwood hedge along the driveway suffered sever winter burn due to the exceptionally cold winters over the last two years so we had to cut it down to try and rejuvenate it. This what the people at the nursery told us to do, it may or may not work.

On a more serious note mother in-law came down with pneumonia and was hospitalized for a week. She comes home and is now suffering with blood clots in her legs!!! She has swollen up like a balloon!! Doctor put her on blood thinners and meds to get rid of the built up fluids but they are not working. Dr says she should be in the hospital until they get this fixed up BUT she refuses to go and as long as there's no direct threat to her life we cannot make her go!! The stubborn old fool is going be the cause of her own death yet!! GOD I'll be glad when May is over!!!!!!

Ground-Hugger I feel your pain. For me it must be a spring thing because we are into our second month, On April 15th my Dad passed away unexpectedly. On April 17th my dog, 13 years old, had to be put down. The following week we went to Myrtle Beach on vacation, against our better judgement. We just weren't in the proper frame of mind to enjoy it. It had been planned for six months and everyone insisted we go. We arrived to news that my mother- in- law had fallen and re-injured her arm that had just been pinned back together a few weeks before. We spent a couple days on the phone with family members since my wife is her primary care giver and then came home. The first week in May my father-in-law was diagnosed with bone cancer in his spine. He finished up radiation treatments on a Wednesday and my mother-in-law passed out and fell again on Thursday, this was about the fourth time she fainted this spring and they couldn;t find out why. She spent a few days in ICU and then a couple days in a regular hospital room, She is back home now being treated for Afib, therapy visits for he arm, different therapy visits to try to get her overall strength back. Between the two there are doctor visits three to four days a week. We take care of them and their home, as well as us and our own home. My wife has her own issues but is a real trooper helping her mom and dad. Spring has been very hectic, I hope we all have a better summer! Sorry to ramble on your thread............Tim

I am beginning to think May has it in for members of this site. First accident in 30 years of riding and it had to be a bad one. Perhaps we need to sacrifice a virgin or something. Nah, that would be a waste. We could sacrifice a bicycle or something. Any suggestions?

It's turning out to be as my husband says, one of those years....so for me its been hard. I've worn many hats over the years so I have a very eceletic group of people I cherish and call friend. 2009 was a hard year, I lost 13 people I knew, whether they were teachers, classmates, or somehow connected, to me. This year I have buried a classmate, my elementary and high school librarian, my guidance counselor who followed me through 2 schools. My father in law who refused to listen to his doctors and take his heart medications had a major stroke last month, has a clot in his heart, and a host of other health problems related to his heart disease. Learned Thursday a good friend had a heart attack on Tuesday and needed a new stent done. Then DragonRider had his stent done yesterday. Yammer Dan dropped his bike yesterday....can I get through the weekend without a disaster? I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm wiped. That's not even counting the fact I had surgery in February. And I didn't mean to hijack the thread either....just I feel the pain of nonstop insanity.

(Then DragonRider had his stent done yesterday. Yammer Dan dropped his bike yesterday....can I get through the weekend without a disaster? I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm wiped.)

I feel the same way. Every time I turn around...something else happens to a long time friend.....Guess that comes with the territory we call aging. Relatives, friends...all passing through the end of life....not fun.

Prayers to all this weekend!

david