IGNORED

Changed air filter (again) on my GW today

Eck

I don't care how many times one changes the air filter on their Goldwing it is still a royal pain in the ah--behind.

Tore it down and while the old air filter was out, I made two round screens and folded them around and over the two carb inlets at the bottom of the air box.

I used ty-wraps around them to secure them to the lip of the carb inlets. Then while I had the left & right air ducts off, I cut some more screen and folded it over and around the front/forward ends and again used ty-wraps to secure those.

Now I know a mouse will not be able to get in there to build a nest, as I have seen so many other wings have.

My wing really doesn't sit long enough for a mouse to get in it but hey, I know its sealed up for good now.

After I reassembled the cowling I happen to accidently push in on my four way flasher switch.. Dang if it didn't stick in the on position. I could not free it up, so I had to stop and take that switch apart and clean it all up, even though that wasn't part of my pre-planned program I had in mind.

Finally, got every thing reassemble and intact so I then decided to change the oil and oil filter while I was working on it.

Total time for everything was 3.5 hours, but I had to stop and air up some kids bicycle tires too...:stickpoke:

Whew.. just had my shower and now it is time to eat... Man I am hungry!!!!!!!!

Glad I don't have a GW, only 1.5 hours on Spyder to do an oil change and I already have screens built in. Nice thing about these animals is that the recommend oil change comes only once in 15,000km... can live with that!