IGNORED

Nice surprise today...

Note to self: Never hurts to ask.

This morning I called the RideNow PowerSport dealer on Ina rd in Tucson. They responded to my questions.

1: Yes they would mount the new tire for me, check the bearings, check the rim, balance, etc. for $50.

2: I asked about flushing out the clutch system...sure...$55. DOT4.

3: I asked about fuel filter...sure for the cost of filter.

They will throw in a safety check on the rest of the scoot. So tomorrow morning I get a nice morning ride up to Tucson!!

... and get to go explore Harbor Freight a few doors down. Always willing to look for things to add to my wish list!

david

PS. the same brand dealer on 22nd street has yet to return my phone call...from yesterday. I've bought a bike from them, been in for service, bought parts...not one word back. Told the lady on the phone that they lost me...

Good for you David!!:thumbsup:

PS,, dont forget your extra saddle bags and trailer - the tools at HF LOVE to follow us gear heads home and dragging tools on a rope behind your bike is probably not legal in Tucson (LUCKY RASCAL - RIDE TO TUCSON, STOP AT HF:stickinouttounge:)

Well...another surprise....

The dealer guys and gals were really nice. I was 30 minutes early and they were happy to see me. Seems an RSV is a unique item! People came and went to see my scoot.

1: The new tire went on slick...they added balance beads (?) instead of weight balancing. Seemed to be ok coming home but lots of headwind/cross winds so don't really know.

2: Clutch fluid was dirty. Yep...good call, David.

3: New fuel filter was a good call as well...old one was a cheapie and was pretty dirty.

4: They went over bike with fine tooth comb...twice. Showed me everything they looked at. All as good. All on paper too...both for their records and mine.

I did ask if anyone had any experience on a 1st gen...and no they don't. But one guy did say he would pull the manual and be happy to work on mine if I bring it in. He thought they should still have all the "special" tools and such. I got the feeling even the "young-uns" at the store like the big bikes!

The guy who took my scoot for the test ride after service was young with a long pony tail...he was grinning! Made me smile.

Oh...they did an oil change and filter as well....Yamalube 20-50weight.

Total: $164.00

I'm ok with that. Yep...could have done it myself...but I wanted to try these guys out...just in case. I think they "passed the test", so to speak.

Oh...Puc...forgot the trailer. Never made it to Harbor Freight. Barely had time to get breakfast and they called me that they were done! Walking back...got to watch bike go by. Not very often you get to see your scoot go by! Sure is pretty!

david

P.S. Mpg's up...46 mpg after 97 miles coming home. Took a detour... :biker:

P.S.S. Other dealer never called me back....3 days. Sad on customer relations, me thinks.

Edited by videoarizona
spelling! Geesh...need to go back to 3rd grade...

• 2 weeks later...

Took scoot back to dealer to check the balance on the front wheel. They added two more ounces of balance beads (total 4). Still didn't cut it. Still not balanced.

So this morning I took off the front wheel and zipped up to Cycle gear in Tucson. 30 minutes later, they handed it back to me...balanced with real lead weights.

Tomorrow, we shall see.

In researching this issue here, found out some guys use 5 to 6 ounces of balancing beads. I'll save that thought for later. Guess I'm old fashioned....

But am willing to try that sealant/balancing goop...if I can find it for sale. Can't hurt having that in tires.

david

Ride to Rio Rico for breakfast. Got there early IMG_20150602_073023_972.jpg Locals were in the booths. This is Nichols Diner. Exit 17 on I-19...a few miles from the Mexican border.

http://nickelsdiner.com/4601.html

Had nice brekkie....IMG_20150602_073941_445.jpg. They are biker friendly.

Oh...almost forgot...front wheel rides smooth as silk. Thanks Cycle Gear! $20.

now to install all the crap I've bought.....sigh...

grins,

david

Edited by videoarizona
add

Today...my list included putting on the front LED lights instead of the reflectors and the HD rear license plate/light assembly. Easy with plug and play wiring kit...from Steve K.

IMG_20150609_151954_102.jpgIMG_20150609_152016_493.jpg

Next up....figure out how to mount the rear LED's on the saddlebag crash bar.

david

Edited by videoarizona