IGNORED

Sold My Road Star

mrjeff

I have had my Venture a little over 6 months and had planned on keeping the Road Star too. I had read that the Venture was top heavy and didn't maneuver well in tight places, so the plan was keep them both. Well after a few months it became clear to me that the Venture did just fine around town and the guys that thought it was too big were probably just little scrawny guys too little to ride a big motorcycle. So the Road Star was sold and now any time I ride the Venture I just call my wife outside to help me lift it off the kick stand and away I go.

.... now any time I ride the Venture I just call my wife outside to help me lift it off the kick stand and away I go.

Um, you need someone to help you get it off the kick stand?

I'm not trying to be mean here but what do you do if you have to stop somewhere for something like fuel? Or coffee? or anything else?

And what's the plan if it tips over on you at some point? We all don't plan to have them tip over, but it happens sometimes....

A good riding tool to have is a 4x4 block of wood attached to a chain and connected to the passenger side handles.

It can be lowered down from top of the saddle bag and help you when getting on and off the bike and also used as a kickstand stop when parking on a slope.

Make sure you cut the length enough to cover the KS pad and for your feet, you don't want to get caught "short":)

I have had my Venture a little over 6 months and had planned on keeping the Road Star too. I had read that the Venture was top heavy and didn't maneuver well in tight places, so the plan was keep them both. Well after a few months it became clear to me that the Venture did just fine around town and the guys that thought it was too big were probably just little scrawny guys too little to ride a big motorcycle. So the Road Star was sold and now any time I ride the Venture I just call my wife outside to help me lift it off the kick stand and away I go.

You can do what I do and you don't have to call the wife. :no-no-no::no-no-no: Instead of lifting your leg over the pillion to get on. Lift your leg straight over the driver seat and when your bottom hits the seat and your foot hits the ground on the other side it rocks the bike off the stand.

Um, you need someone to help you get it off the kick stand?

I'm not trying to be mean here but what do you do if you have to stop somewhere for something like fuel? Or coffee? or anything else?

And what's the plan if it tips over on you at some point? We all don't plan to have them tip over, but it happens sometimes....

I guess my dry humor didn't show through, but at 6'2" and 265lbs I have no problem with the weight of the RSV and if I drop it I will pick it up. Or get my wife to help me as she is usually near by on her Vstar 1300.

I guess my dry humor didn't show through, but at 6'2" and 265lbs I have no problem with the weight of the RSV and if I drop it I will pick it up. Or get my wife to help me as she is usually near by on her Vstar 1300.

Ah, guess I was a little "short" on the info.....:)

Neat, I have my Road Star still. So I've had my RSV now for about 2 Months. I've been riding both off and on but now the RS has sat unstarted for over a week...maybe 2. Looks like I have to get serious about selling her.