IGNORED

Warranty transfer

sarges46

Got a good one for you folks.

As most know I am buying a US 05 midnight from a member here. Now, how do I go about transferring the warranty into my name?

I know my dealer here will not do warranty work on my bike...he has already told me so and that I will be required to go back to the US for any work needed. Yamaha Canada has also told me the same thing. Then I asked how they take care of US travellers that have urgent repairs needed...well that was over a month ago and I am still waiting for a reply!

Not a huge concern as I am not that far from the border. But I do know I need to transfer the thing into my name.

Thanks as usual!

I never transferred the warranty from the original owner to me. I have a friend that works at a Yamaha Dealer near me and he said that all he needed was the ser # of the bike. They replaced the shock under warranty and I didn’t even have to sign the bill.

It worked for me, but it may not work for you. If you want to transfer it to your name, you will have to go to a Yamaha Dealer in the US and get them to inspect the bike and if all is well, they can send in the paper work to get it transferred. The charge to do this varies from dealer to dealer.

Earl

86 VR

00RSV

Got a good one for you folks.

As most know I am buying a US 05 midnight from a member here. Now, how do I go about transferring the warranty into my name?

I know my dealer here will not do warranty work on my bike...he has already told me so and that I will be required to go back to the US for any work needed. Yamaha Canada has also told me the same thing. Then I asked how they take care of US travellers that have urgent repairs needed...well that was over a month ago and I am still waiting for a reply!

Not a huge concern as I am not that far from the border. But I do know I need to transfer the thing into my name.

Thanks as usual!

Strange situation for sure. I guess the problem with the warranty must be due to the title change from the US to Canada.?? As far as getting warranty work done on a Canadian Venture in the States I can tell you from personel experience, was no problem what so ever. I would assume it would be the same for the US travellers into Canada.

I think that dealer is full of S#*t. If your bringing that bike into the country legally and it's registered in your name then all he should need in the serial number. I never changed anything when I bought my '03 used. When I needed the rear shock I got it done while I was on a trip and 150 miles from home. All they did was write down the serial number.

If Yamaha Canada is giving you a hard time about it then I'd get your local MPP involved. We should be able to drive these bikes anywhere in north America and get warranty work if we need it. You can with your car.

U.S. bikes come from, and are warranted by Yamaha USA, while Canadian bikes are sold and warranted by Yamaha of Canada. Canadian Dealers franchise from Yamaha Canada, US dealers from Yamaha USA. You're dealing with two different companies who are both distributors for Yamaha Corp.

Canada Yamaha gets no money from US bikes sold, and so will not cover warranty work on them. The warranty is pretty specific about where it is honored. If a Canadian dealer can get reimbursed by Yamaha USA for fixing a US bike, I'm sure they'd have no objection.

U.S. bikes come from, and are warranted by Yamaha USA, while Canadian bikes are sold and warranted by Yamaha of Canada. Canadian Dealers franchise from Yamaha Canada, US dealers from Yamaha USA. You're dealing with two different companies who are both distributors for Yamaha Corp.

Canada Yamaha gets no money from US bikes sold, and so will not cover warranty work on them. The warranty is pretty specific about where it is honored. If a Canadian dealer can get reimbursed by Yamaha USA for fixing a US bike, I'm sure they'd have no objection.

Nonsense!