IGNORED

Orlins Maintenance Day Head count

OrlinEngh

Okay its getting closer, And will be needing a good head count so please go to the calendar and let us know so we can get our plans in order.

We have been out on a couple of rides and checked out some of the roads for Fridays ride and for Saturdays ride and I think that I have picked out a couple of good routes.

For those that havent been here we have plenty of camping room parking inside for the bikes at night or incase of rain, And plenty of room for everyone to be inside if needed. All kinds of shade to set under to set and talk and relax.

We do like to get in a ride on Friday and Saturday and we make sure that we all have plenty of time to talk and work on bikes.

I take off work Thursday so if you can make it on Thursday you are wellcome.

There is a list of the motels in town but dont wait to long to try and get a room they do fill up around here during the summer.

Hope to see some new faces and some old ones.

Orlin and Sharon

I am still planing to head your way Friday evening right after work. Even though there is a good chance I will be in the cage.

Anyone coming from or through the Milwaukee area that needs something to big for a bike to be brought along, or even just a ride, let me know.

The bike is fine, it's a 1st gen, they run forever, it's me that needs fixing......

Yes I can haul a LOT of RUM balls in the truck. Maybe even some Apple Pie in case those guys south of the border forget to bring it again......

Orlin, I do not think Slim and I will be able to make it this year. With the daughters wedding the weekend before and us leaving on vacation the weekend after it may just be to much. We hate it because we have such a great time with you and Sharon and of course everyone else. If we can come up it would be just for Saturday so we will see. But the good News is we will be up Friday Memorial weekend for three days. See you all then.

ps if you haven't been to Orlin and Sharon's maintenance day/weekend you do not know what you are missing. Great people, great riding, great B.S. around the fire and the best place for Pizza in Wisconsin.

• 2 weeks later...

Heading out today to try out the new tires and check out a route I have planed out for Fridays ride so many roads to choose from. Have a nice route planed for Saturdays ride to the Blue Goose for Pizza and Ice cream.

This is how it is looking so far for what we will be doing.

Thursday will just be a relaxing day for me maybe finish up a couple of things and if someone is coming on Thursday take a ride and meet them on the road somewhere.

Friday no plans for the morning just take it as it goes and then a late afternoon ride for anyone that wants to join in and then back here for a campfire relax and chat.

Saturday Morning will be working on the bikes and then off to the Blue Goose for Lunch we will leave here at around 1:00 and eat at around 2:00 and then make our way back here for cook out and bone fire.

We like to make sure that we all have enough time to relax and get to chat

Sunday is a up in the air day we have been going to town to have a bite to eat in the morning and see off who may be heading out. And if anyone is not in a hurry to head back home we may go to Rockton for chicken.

Let hope for some great weather and a great turn out.

Orlin

MMmmmmmm......

Pizza with an ice cream chaser.

My heart job is just before MD, I am still planning to make it but will definitely be in the truck.

MIGHT even be able to drag Erika along.

I also do not know about crawling around on the ground pulling out stuck bolts.........:confused24::duck:

I'll just be a supervisor this time. Its a dirty job but someones got to do it.

I cannot make it. Ct Scans on the 28th and chemo on the 1st. Going to miss meeting all.

Rmar I hope that every thing turns out for the very best we will have you in our prayers. We will be doing it again next year. You will have to come for that one.

Orlin and Sharon

• 3 weeks later...

We are few weeks away and would like to have a idea of how many to expect so we can let the Blue Goose know how many to expect for Saturday for lunch and so we know what we need to get for Saturday nights cookout, I know that there are a few that said they are coming and not signed up on the calendar yet please do so.

Thanks Orlin

I plan to be there Friday afternoon and leaving Saturday evening by 7.

I would like to know if anyone going will have a meter handy to check out my CB antenna tuning. I replaced it last year and have not had a chance to check it out. If nothing else, I can just try to see if anyone can hear me transmit, I guess.

Looking forward to seeing everyone, and meeting those I haven't met yet.

I would like to know if anyone going will have a meter handy to check out my CB antenna tuning. I replaced it last year and have not had a chance to check it out. If nothing else, I can just try to see if anyone can hear me transmit, I guess.

I will bring a SWR meter.

Does anyone know how to adjust the SWR?

Depending on the antenna, some are easy to adjust and some are more difficult, there are some out there that are not adjustable those are the most difficult to adjust.

Basically you just change the length of the antenna.

Some have a setscrew that you loosen and then can slide the antenna up or down as required.

Some of the coiled type are intentionally wound with too much wire and you slowly trim the length of the wire until the SWR is good.

Some have no provision for adjustment, all you can do with those is to grind some length off and hope that shorter is what you needed.

Depending on the antenna, some are easy to adjust and some are more difficult, there are some out there that are not adjustable those are the most difficult to adjust.

Will one be able to adjust the SWR with a 17mm hex socket?

Perhaps we can use one of my old springs as a CB antennae...IF you bring the proper 17mm tool to remove my old springs.