IGNORED

Rider Down Help Requested

MikeWa

Freebird

If this post is not allowed please delete or move it.

I received this e-mail about Lin Tomy today. I met Lin last June when I had my motorcycle accident. She was behind me and stopped to perform first aid. She helped make sure I was transported to the hospital. Then she made sure my wrecked bike was towed back to my home. All of this for a stranger. She is one of the kindest people I know and an avid bike rider. I am truly saddened to hear of this accident. But I am also glad she is still with us. If you can, please go to the 'gofund.me' web site and give a little assistance.

Mike

Subject: ** RIDER DOWN ** HELP NEEDED

Good morning everyone:

Lin Tomy, the Napa STAR Chapter #445 Vice-President, and Contra Costa County STAR Chapter #186 member was sideswiped by a vehicle on Saturday, April 11th, 2015, coming home from the Merced STAR Chapter’s Vet Run. She suffered major traumatic injuries, has had two surgeries on her left leg where the rods and screws inside are now permanent. The doctors have indicated she’ll be off work for a year, and won’t be able to ride again. As you may recall, Lin was with me when we rode up to the NW STAR-B-Q last year. As we speak, she’s been moved to a rehabilitation center closer to where she lives, and is starting physical and occupational therapy so that she can live a more independent lifestyle when she’s released. She’ll be at this rehab facility for 2-4 weeks. The left leg is non-weight bearing for at least four months.

Even though an application has been sent to the STAR Family Foundation, a GO FUND ME account has been set up through FACEBOOK. This link will get you there gofund.me/sxc3u4c. It’s a request for assistance in getting Lin a vehicle with an automatic transmission necessary for day-to-day living, but also follow-up doctor’s appointments and ongoing therapy treatments when she goes home.

I was hoping that maybe you could forward this request along to the STAR Chapters within your areas? This will really help to expedite and get the word out in STAR land that one of our riders needs some help right now.

PS and BTW, employment benefits will be ending June 30th. Her only source of income after that is going to SDI, and we all know how far that doesn’t go. L

THANK YOU for your anticipated assistance with this. J

PAULINE CARLTON, President

Napa STAR Chapter #445

gofund.me/sxc3u4c

WOW Mike, THAT is terrible news that really saddens my heart!! Thoughts and PRAYERS UP for you Lin!! THANK YOU for forwarding this posting Mike and for penning it Pauline!!

I have often wondered about stuff like this. Having never been blessed with great sums of discrestionary funds, giving large lump sums to help others in need is difficult. I am kind of a numbers guy though and have always wondered about something,,,, what if.. Especially when it comes to situations like Lin's.. What if 12000 people funded her 5 dollars each = sheeesh,, thats like 36k!! Not saying I dont think it is WAYYYYYYY cool that folks are able to toss in 500 bucks or hundred or even 20 but,, sometimes - even a few bucks can really matter.. Count me in!!

THANK YOU LORD FOR WATCHING OVER LIN!!! :thumbsup:

Puc

Mike,

Thanks for posting. Always terrible to hear this type of news.

Do you know if GoFundMe accepts PayPal or if not would they have another donation link on the Star Chapter site.

I don't like using a cards for donations.

Thanks.

Mike,

Thanks for posting. Always terrible to hear this type of news.

Do you know if GoFundMe accepts PayPal or if not would they have another donation link on the Star Chapter site.

I don't like using a cards for donations.

Thanks.

Geez I don't know. But if you go to the Napa Star Chapter 445 http://www.napa445.com/default.html you can probably e-mail Pauline Carlton and make arrangements.

Mike

What a wonderful person she must be. My heart and prayers go out to her for a full and expeditious recovery. Just made a donation.

I met Lin and Pauline at the last Venture West and long before I knew of the help they had given to @MikeWa I knew these were two of the kindest people a person would ever hope to meet in life.

My thoughts are with Lin in this difficult time and will also be helping the best I can.