IGNORED

Solderless Connectors

The plug on the left side of my bike with the 3 white wires that I think connects the generator to the rectifier/regulator is in bad shape. I've cleaned it but I'm thinking about eliminating it. Since I don't solder, I am wondering what would be the next best way to connect these wires?

Here is one option.

http://www.delcity.net/store/Heat-Shrink-Solder-Butt-Connectors/p_805408.h_801829.t_1.r_IF1003?mkwid=o5S86NUr&crid=38094426869&gclid=Cj0KEQjwpM2pBRChsZCzm_CU0t4BEiQAxDVFmlKRxVXNijWwa_dadFFTTpmJ4EaPi7DUiPkVFE0cycMaAr-g8P8HAQ

There are a bunch of places to get similar splices.

You want a type that has built in solder so that it solders the wires together as it is shrinking. These will give you a water tight soldered connection with no soldering knowledge or ability.

OR

Go out and get a soldering iron and supplies, You have to start the learning process somewhere.

Yea,, I cant stand that little connector either,, its just all wrong.. Thanks to my Texas Hero @Squidley, I didnt actually fix my last failure with one of those connectors cause he did it for me BUT I can tell you I didnt hesitate with a YES one second when Squid asked if I wanted him to hardwire it!! Best thing in the world is what FlyinFool was saying - even if ya had to borrow a soldering gun,, get some solder, stop at Harbor Freight and get some shrink tube, solder it down and seal em up hardwired Don!!!

Outside of that,, I honestly think I would rather have a good crimped butt splice (problem is, unless you have a good crimp tool - a good one will cost you as much as a soldering gun and the soldering gun is more fun LOL) instead of another spade terminal in that spot.. If you go that way, check with ACE Hardware and get the correct size of Butt Splice, still get some shrink tube, slip the shrink tube over the wire before attaching the splice, splice it - slide a 3 inch section of shrink tube over the splice, heat so it shrinks down tight, wrap it with the three with good electrical tape and tie wrap securely onto the frame..

Did I tell you I cant stand that particular stator terminal???

Don, As already suggested above, you would be better off to get a soldering iron, solder and shrink tubing from harbor freight and solder the wires on your ride. You mentioned you do not solder. Do a search on the Youtube videos to see how to solder. Practice with a few wires on the bench first before you solder your bike wires.

The key to soldering is wires must be clean, soldering iron must be HOT, so leave it plugged in for 3 to 5 minutes before soldering any wire. Make darn sure the tip of the soldering iron is clean. You can lay a piece of sand paper on the bench and rub the tip back and forth on it while turning the soldering iron side to side to get the whole tip clean.

I sent you a good you tube link on how to solder wires.

Any questions give me a call. 256 - four two nine- 86 two three