IGNORED

clutch plates

i had tried to start it through the winter, wouldn't start, when i tried to start it this spring, i saw the fuel gauge showed empty, looked at oil sight glass,showed over full.

drained over 6 gallons from crankcase. refilled with castrol, after a few rides this spring it feels like the clutch slips, assuming that the clutch facing is coming apart.

I bet all the bits and stuff that is shedding off the friction plates from the gas disolving them is playing havoc on your lubrication system.

If it were me I would stop riding he bike until I was able to pull the clutch pack out and see what damage has been done. I wonder what other plastic or rubber parts in there may be affected. Did you fix the problem that allowed gas to drain into your crank case? If not I would also make that a top priority.

Just a few thoughts.

6 Gallons is a lot of gas in there.

I am sure there is still gas in the oil.

A normal oil change does not drain the transmission or the oil galleries, but the engine and trans do share the same oil.

Now that you ran it, do another oil change, this time also pull the bottom bolt out of the middle gear cover to drain the trans. Have a new copper crush washer ready for that bottom bolt.

The gas could have washed all of the oil out of the clutch pac, but I would think that would make it grabby, not slip.

Since gas and oil are pretty closely related, I would be surprised if it actually damaged the clutch or any seals.

Try running it for a little while, in gear and clutch pulled in, as if you were at a stop light, this may help flush fresh oil into the clutch plates and get the gas out from between them.