IGNORED

Help with I-Simple Please

djh3

Is there some sort of a part number or something on the isimple box? Something besides the long Yamaha part# Isimple numbers there boxs from what I have seen on the site something like ISTY 571. then has DIP switches on it to configure to I guess which method you are using to control it. Set one way the radio controls it, set another the unit will be controlled via the CD setting of radio. From what I think I have seen, the Yamaha unit CD cord plugs into a flat double row connector on the top. Like maybe a 22 pin connector, but it only uses maybe 6-7 of the pins?

I spent some time yesterday researching Ipods. WOW them things are pricey even if you get older ones. I found 2 touches and an Iphone early version on my local Craigslist for under $50 so that might be do able. I may be just spinning my wheels here but sometimes ya just have to think of things and reason them out. Thanks for the help.

The iSimple attaches to the inside wall of the left saddle bag and is held on really firmly. The part numbers must be on the back side so without tearing it off...I can't see the numbers. From what I can see there are 9 wires going to the flat connector. 4 dip switches.

Check out this link on the Clarion CBus audio input - http://forums.ilounge.com/accessories-iphone-ipad-ipod/44404-clarion-cbus-audio-input-installation.html

I have the installation instructions for the iSimple and that might help you. I can scan them at work on Monday and post here.

The iSimple attaches to the inside wall of the left saddle bag and is held on really firmly. The part numbers must be on the back side so without tearing it off...I can't see the numbers. From what I can see there are 9 wires going to the flat connector. 4 dip switches.

Check out this link on the Clarion CBus audio input - http://forums.ilounge.com/accessories-iphone-ipad-ipod/44404-clarion

I have the installation instructions for the iSimple and that might help you. I can scan them at work on Monday and post here.

Thanks for the link. If I decide to go this route it may help me out. No need to scan anything yet. Still in development mode. I have bid on an Isimple box on e-bay. So will see ho it goes. If I get it cheap I may proceed. I found a guy sort of local (60 miles or so) that has a couple ipod touch and an I phone for under 30 bucks. I dont think the little postage stamp sized ipods will work on the isimple gizmos.

VZUDEN: yea that would be great. I will pm you an email you can send them to.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I order a yatour mp3 changer for a Kia optmia because it uses the 13 pin connector. However after connecting everything the radio did not even see that the tape deck was connected. If i could find the pin out for the optmia i could make a cable to work.

I also have an isimple. I connected it and it does work. however there is no way to change playlist (that i have found yet) also no way to tell what song you are on. The display always reads 1-1. I am installing mine in the trunk. Found out on a trip this weekend if you only have one song selected that is all it will play. Very minimal control with this. I need to make a few playlist and see what i can do.