IGNORED

sold the venture today

painterman67

Well my baby of the last 5 years has finally went down the road. I delivered her to Fayetville NC today. New owner is family so I have been given visiting privileges. But I did recently get on board with another Yamaha . My new to me 2000 Raodstar Silverado. I love this old/new to me girl.........Sad day as I sold it with issues for real cheap but its a good cause. Its his first bike so what better to start than on a venture right.

so hers my new girl.....I call her NB short for noisy B%$#@h

1613920_1092045804154326_1051124061269079245_n.jpg

Yes, you will enjoy your Roadstar. I got my first Roadstar a couple of years ago. It was a 99 and I loved it. Since then I've had an 08 and now an 07 Roadstar. I also purchased 5 other Roadstars just to resale and did very well on them. Sold and 04 Roadstar today and took a 1979 and a 1980 project Goldwings as partial trade. Be sure to join the Road Star Clinic for great information.

already joined the clinic......good group of folks over there.......I have actually had the roadstar for about 5 months now just let the venture go today. My cuz was paying me on time and he finally got the rest of the money so I rented a trailer and took her there.........he has already put 100 miles on her since 2 oclock this afternoon and hasnt even tagged it yet.....I think its love

Nice new scoot, now you gotta list it under your username to make it official. I really like the looks of the second gen but at this time can't afford one. Maybe if I really like my first gen I can move up to one like yours in time. By the way good on you for taking payments and helping another I currently am doing the same thing for another rider also.

Nice new scoot, now you gotta list it under your username to make it official. I really like the looks of the second gen but at this time can't afford one. Maybe if I really like my first gen I can move up to one like yours in time. By the way good on you for taking payments and helping another I currently am doing the same thing for another rider also.

you can actually get a 2nd gen cheaper than the roadstar.....I ended up paying 5 grand for mine.........found a few 2nd gens in the 3 grand range.......mileage was different with the 2nd gens having way more than the roadie but hey its still worth it.............and yeah i haven't changed it yet.....was waiting till the 1st gen was gone and then forgot

You had a later year (90ish?) 1st Gen didn't you ? Is that what is now in Fayettville ?

I am asking since I helped my son-in-law who is stationed at Ft. Bragg buy 1Rooster's 86 1st Gen. It would be cool if I could hook my son-in-law up with another 1st Gen owner. :biker: :biker:

I bought my Roadie first, had it for 6 months or so, then bought the Venture. The Venture quickly became my ride of choice and I seldom ride the Roadie. Every time I think of selling it, I take it out for a ride and change my mind. Two different rides, I enjoy both.

You had a later year (90ish?) 1st Gen didn't you ? Is that what is now in Fayettville ?

I am asking since I helped my son-in-law who is stationed at Ft. Bragg buy 1Rooster's 86 1st Gen. It would be cool if I could hook my son-in-law up with another 1st Gen owner. :biker: :biker:

yes its a two tone burgandy 91........the one in my sig pic..havent changed that yet either. And yes its in fayetterville now. Probably close to your son-in -law as I came up bragg blvd to take it there but cant remember the address I delivered to. Followed the gps directions. I told him about the site and he says he is going to join since I praised this family so much..........Im not on a venture for now but Im not going anywhere either. Now in the futre I am thinking about a 2nd gen to park beside my roadie

Edited by painterman67

Wow painterman. I remember when you bought that bike and joined here. Your one of several members who is also a member on the Honda shadow Ave tourer forum, or were. Sorry to hear the first gen is gone but glad to hear about the Road star another great yamaha. Enjoy the ride.

Wow painterman. I remember when you bought that bike and joined here. Your one of several members who is also a member on the Honda shadow Ave tourer forum, or were. Sorry to hear the first gen is gone but glad to hear about the Road star another great yamaha. Enjoy the ride.

Im still a member of the shadow forum just not real active................and i can see another Venture in my future just maybe a second gen.........but Im loving this roadie for now.