IGNORED

need little advice

Chief

Ok so i have the 99 rsv and have never hand problem in last 3 years with this i need some help. up to about 6 months ago the passanger was 5' 8 and about 105 lbs. But when i got the "you work to much and when you are not working you are riding and i just dont enjoy that anymore." I upgraded to a new passanger. :) she is 5' 10 and well about 150 lbs i would say. well this is cause the bike to sit very low and in a on ramp or off ramp turn i am scraping pipes. has anyone had this problem and if so how did you fix it. I added a little more air to the back shock but that did not seem to help to to much and dont want to push adding to much more there. do i jsut need to go to an after market air shock or any other ideas?

Yeah maybe... i have plenty of leg to reach as being 6' 4 and a 34 inseem raising the bike might be a option. i will have to see what i put on there now. i want to say i have already gone the biggest i can. i will check and post it back on here. ok i currently have a 150/90 15 metzler on there.

I can't imagine that the additional weight is causing that big of a difference. When you say you added a bit more air to the shock, what is the pressure? You can run up to 57 PSI if my memory hasn't failed me.

Charlie

Ok so i have the 99 rsv and have never hand problem in last 3 years with this i need some help. up to about 6 months ago the passanger was 5' 8 and about 105 lbs. But when i got the "you work to much and when you are not working you are riding and i just dont enjoy that anymore." I upgraded to a new passanger. :) she is 5' 10 and well about 150 lbs i would say. well this is cause the bike to sit very low and in a on ramp or off ramp turn i am scraping pipes. has anyone had this problem and if so how did you fix it. I added a little more air to the back shock but that did not seem to help to to much and dont want to push adding to much more there. do i jsut need to go to an after market air shock or any other ideas?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

It took me 4 passenger upgrades to finally match the accessories on my bike.

I run about 42 lbs in rear tire and 35 lbs when 2 up, not loaded and bumped to 45 when loaded.

:rotf: :rotf:

Such a minor change in weight should not make any difference in how the bike sits. I am about 250 lbs. I'm not going to try to reveal the weight of my passenger, but she is about 5'5 and not fat. Anyway, I usually run my rear shock about 45 lbs, and I do not usually change it when she goes with me. Since most of my miles are put on solo, and I ride every day, I should immediately notice a significant shift in the level of the bike when she gets on, but I do not. If yours is changing so much with less than a 50 lb increase in weight, you probably have something wrong with the shock. Good luck

Goose

BTW - I have NEVER drug pipes on my RSV, even before adding the shorter dog bones. I drug floor boards, but never pipes.

The book says 57lbs , you can damage the shock very easily with a compressor type pump (one quick blast and you can over-pressurize) use the low pressure type like a Progressive hand pump.

My wife God love her is not a little women, and riding two-up ,pulling a trailer has never been a problem on the Venture:080402gudl_prv:

yeah i have the i hate to sat harley davidson one for this. i think i only have about 42lbs in it so i iwll try to inflate a bit more see if that helps. otherwise looks like the level kit might be a next option. thanks again to all you for your advice. :) glad we are back up and running again as well. thanks Don!

Ok so went and bought a suspension pump put the 57lbs in. bike ran great two up but it is losing air for sure. from the time i filled it 3:30 to the next morning i was at 20 lbs. what are the chances the hose is just leaking not the shock itself. Murphy's law says i wil lbe replacing the shock. :(

First thing to check is the valve core. Easiest way to to put a little spit on your finger tip and wipe it over the valve stem to get a thin film over the opening. If it lows a bubble or pops, you either need to tighten the core or replace it. Sounds like you may have too much air coming out for the spit method, so if you cannot get a film to cover the valve stem opening this way, try a drop of dish washing detergent on your finger instead. Good luck,

Goose

• 4 months later...