IGNORED

How did you get Hooked - Picture of your first motorcycle?

VanRiver

My first motorcycle was a Benelli 175 sold through Wards; 2-stroke single that shifted on the right side. It was a POS

01 1967 Benelli 003.JPG

My second bike was a new Honda CL350; a very nice motorcycle that sold new for $995

02 1970 Honda CL350 002a.JPG

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is me around 1975 on my uncle Merl's Honda. As I said before, my "illness" for Motorcycles started young and my family were "enablers" to my addition. I do look rather bad a$$, for a toddler anyway!

Scan.jpg

I've noticed many people have said "this is my only pic of the bike" or "I don't have a photo of me with the bike"...boy times have changed with the invention of digital cameras, smart phones, and the Selfie Generation. My 14 year old probably has 300 pics of herself on her phone at any given time. I needed to sit her down and explain how film camera's worked, that a roll of film only had around 24 exposures so you didn't take 10 pictures and pick the best one, that you needed to take the film to the store to be developed, and it was EXPENSIVE! I think she thought I was making the whole story up!!!! Their lives are going to be so much more documented then ours...not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

This is 1972 my 1st Honda / bike. This is the only picture I have of that bike. I was 15 about to turn 16 within a few weeks.

image.jpg

This was my 2000 Honda the bike I had before I got the Venture. image.jpg

This is my friend I sold the Honda to after I bought the Venture. That Honda still looks good, that was taken this past summer and it's now 14 years old. image.jpg