IGNORED

Harley Davidson Ad....

craigatcsi

No offence taken on my part. If there was a post cutting up a venture on the Harley forum I would post the same stating ride what you like and let others make their own choice. As far as imitations or other manufacturers making their bike look like another companies models well that my friends is competition and should keep the manufacturers on their A game. Not saying it does. I can't afford much and love the V-twin sound, Harley or not and my first bike was what the other forum I had been on called "A poor mans Harley" which was the virago. My first total resurrection after an original owners few years of use then sat for 24 years in a shed, then to me in very rough condition (I cut the factory equipped tires off the rims). I still love that bike but I am tall and it hurts after 3-4 hours in the saddle. So I started looking and came across my Harley, a very clean vintage original bike same age as my virago but in exceptional shape. The previous owner wanted a lot of coin and listed it wrong in his ad and I emailed him and corrected his mistake and we started communicating. Long story short I bought the bike for half of what he was asking (he pulled his ad when we started communicating). Very nice man who was a cancer survivor that could not ride anymore as his license was pulled. He loved the bike and loved the fact I knew what it was and everything about it ( numbered) and felt I would take care of it as he did. We still keep in contact. My point is you do not need lots of money to afford a bike you just need the ambition and be willing to work for one or acquire an older model. I personally prefer the older bikes and honestly if I had the choice of a new bike this years model I would choose ( getting ready for the flames) the rocket III roadster. I love the aggressive stance and the way it fits me as a tall rider. The only bike I have found that my feet fit the controls right off the bat. This bike is large and I love torque (2300cc) and hate a high revving motor. Maybe my choice would change once riding one but right now it would be my choice. I still love and prefer the naked look of a bike but now that my wife has shown an interest in riding with me I have to think of her and her comfort so I am now in the touring group. She wanted no part of bikes when I acquired my virago and harley but changed her mind when she saw me come and go so now I am on a different path and to try and make her part of my appreciation of riding on two wheels.

Hey guys don't get me wrong I hope I'm not coming across as a die hard Harley owner. The Yamaha Venture 06 Midnight Special was one of my favorite bikes. Engine design is superior to the V twin Harley. Frame design of the Harley and handling characteristics are in my opinion years ahead of the Venture. I spent a lot of time and money on my Venture to match the ride of the Harley Ultra. Also, I've spend approx. $600.00 in preventive maintence on the Harley 110cu SE engine the last two weeks to avoid a break down in the future. To mention billet cam plate, high volume oil pump, heavy duty inner cam bearings, SS premium lifters and SS adjustable pushrods these are items that should have been stock on a CVO bike, believe my dealer was informed with my thoughts on this mater. This is why I went Indian when I traded the 09 CVO Harley Dyna.

'

Jealous?? I'm jealous every time I look at another bike!!! But I'll be waiting for ya at the DQ. I can find something to do til ya catch up!!! I hate to eat Ice Cream alone!!!

Maybe wipe my 1st or 2nd Gen Venture down....:backinmyday::innocent-emoticon::Avatars_Gee_George:

Shouldnt that have read,, "maybe wipe the dust off my 2nd Gen from all those 1st Gens ripping by it"?

P.S. - listen carefully at the end of this short vid, most folks think thats Tip, its actually Tweeks little snicker that many a dust wiper has learned to despise!!

I guess I shouldnt of posted it here.

I ride both a Kaw and my Venture. The group I ride with tease me for riding 'a rice grinder' or ' a HD wanna be' or 'an imitation HD', etc.... And I tease the about their HDs with the HD jokes I've heard thru the years. - there are no 'thin skins', we don't get defensive about it. - They are just Machines, not our children.

One last time, I apologize for pushing anyone's buttons. Honestly, if I saw one about any other make, I would find it amusing also.

Craig I honestly think you did post that up in the right place! It might have gotten a little deeper response than you initially intended for it to get but what the heck, sitting around here yakking bikes together while its -5 outside - THAT is what its all about! I didnt mean to come across in anything I said as having taken offence to that little vid, my responses were soley based on talking motorcycles.. I gotta tell you friend - your comment above echoes our neighborhood and surrounding area - we harass each other endlessly about who's is best and which is fastest and on and on,, its ALL good.. Its always kinda funny cause when we are all out riding our Yams, Harleys, Honda's, Suzuki's, Indian's, mopeds and minibikes together - if one breaks down, we all ban together to get her up and going again (no one goes home till we all go home) and then we will sit around out front of one of our houses - break out the Hot Dog toaster and chips and the :stickpoke:will start all over again!!

I have given much thought of selling my wing and pursuing a new Harley. I still have the thoughts, just haven't acted (yet). Who knows, someday you might see me on one.

Over the years, I have learned that "I" don't give a hoot what anybody rides. If they want to go for a ride with me they are welcome anytime. If I break down I ask that they help me as I would help them so all of us get back home safely.

I thought the video was funny as heck and I even sent it to my best friend and his wife who rides a Harley. I know they will get a kick out of it too.

I have given much thought of selling my wing and pursuing a new Harley. I still have the thoughts, just haven't acted (yet). Who knows, someday you might see me on one.

Over the years, I have learned that "I" don't give a hoot what anybody rides. If they want to go for a ride with me they are welcome anytime. If I break down I ask that they help me as I would help them so all of us get back home safely.

I thought the video was funny as heck and I even sent it to my best friend and his wife who rides a Harley. I know they will get a kick out of it too.

WE will wait for you at the DQ......

Really ? Eck your my go to Wing guy. you have been kind to send me GW adds when I'm looking and dreaming of them.

No worries Bill... As I said, I haven't made taken any action..(yet)..

I've had the thoughts of getting a HD before I bought my wing. However, I really like my wing, its power and ride and since I ride solo 99.9% of the time, I find it fits me well. I have 100% confidence in my wing to take off right now for CA and back. I know how to work on it if something does break down and what spare parts to carry with me at all times on it.

Let me know when your ready to pull the trigger... I will still help you find one if you want.

Im wondering how early he's leaving to get to that DQ , because there's no way a 99 Boxster is going to beat a 1st Gen . (Wow that's weird to type anything positive about a 1st Gen) :)

Speed is not just measured in a 1/4 mile race.Speed can also be measured over a 1000 mile race.First one there is the fastest.