IGNORED

RSTD top case

Guest randy3116

Guest randy3116

I am currently in the market (mainly researching right now) for a good one and/or two-up bike that can be used for local and long distance riding although I do not want a full dresser. The RSTD is one of a few models that has caught my eye that I feel might be able to serve my purposes. I am wondering, however, if there is a hard top case that can be fitted to the RSTD. Can you fit a Venture top case onto the RSTD or is there an aftermarket case that works (& looks) reasonably well? Also, I see that the RSTD is carburated for '08. Does anyone know if '09 will bring FI? All input is very much appreciated.

If you can find off of a Venture the rack under the box and a box from one being parted out it will bolt right on..I would also think with some modification skills the Harley tour pack could be made to work..I saw one on a RSTD at Luckenbach a few weeks back.

Guest mmmouse

Wouldn't it be nice if Yamaha made it to the 21st century with their touring bikes. Anti-lock brakes, heated grips and seat, and does anyone even sell cassettes anymore?

You know, I would like to see some of those things offered. I agree that the cassette is a total waste for most folks. I took mine out and put an amp/equalizer in its place. Fuel injection is a matter of opinion. I would like to see it but many here prefer the carbs. As for heated grips, I really don't care. I can add them easily enough..as well as a heated seat...If I wanted to.

The bottom line though is that I knew exactly what I was getting when I bought my RSV and I still love it. Heck, when you think about all that you DO get for under $15,000 dollars if you shop around, you can't touch it with any other models. Buy a wing with the cb and etc. or an Ultra Classic or a BMW K1200 and any of those similarly equipped to the RSV are going to run well over $20,000.00. Even at that, only the Ultra has the style that would appeal to me at all.

To each his or her own opinion but just paint me as a happy customer. :)

I have an 06 RSTD and found a harley king tour pack that fits great and is bigger than a venture tour pack and easier to find on ebay. It's great to have everything locked and out of the weather on a trip and if I want to take more I have a bag that fits onto the luggage rack on top of the trunk that works great also. Plus, it's nice when you ride around town to take the windsheild off when you want and enjoy that which I never thought I would. Check out my photos and good luck,

Bob

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_2_110.gif

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZNxmk393BBUS

• 3 weeks later...