IGNORED

New Member, No More Hot Foot.

RSTDAD

Hello, Im a new member with no more hot foot. First off, I'd like to thank ventureriders.org. I thought I would share my experience with you of my '06 RSTD. It's very disappointing when the temp. rises above 75+ degrees off the engine. I've heard other members complain about the heat. I have no problem with my right side, but the left side of my bike is bad. And I also noticed that when the fan comes on at a stop, the heat blows down on my left foot. The same thing happens down the road and it makes matters worse. To solve this problem, I thought I would install a small heat shield and see if this helps. This all was before I installed lower vents and kuryakyn foot pegs. So I decided to make a small heat shield out of stainless steel, its very light and easy to bend. First off, I pulled off the rubber foot pad and then cut it to the length of 8 inches long, and then bent it to a 90 degree angle on one side. I made it 4.5'' tall in the front, 3.5'' in the rear. It gives it a nice taper. Then I put a radius on each corner at the top. The easy way to find a center hole, take a little grease, put a dab in the center of the bolt head. Now you can set it in place, lean it towards the bolt head, and there's where to drill your pilot hole. Make the hole just large enough to fit over the groove on the linkage. If you need to, you can tweak your bend so it leans tight against the linkage. Now you can put the pad back on, and tuck it in against the shield, holding it secure. This seems to work out great for me when its warm out. Give it a try. Maybe paint it, or a different metal, or whatever works best for you. Now you can take it in, or out, whether its cold or warm outside, or for just cleaning matters. I hope this helps fellow members out. Here are some photos to explain better....(View attachments)

Born trucker - Born biker

Love to Drive - Live to Ride