IGNORED

DRAT the bad luck, just some venting

M61A1MECH

The weather just got right to start back with my woodturning, got about 1/2 way thru a Marblewood bowl, shut the lathe off to check the work and now it will not start again.

Fuse is good, power is good to the outlet.

Switch is good, suspect the relay that I hear click in each time I power it up is bad, it is mounted to a circuit board so it is not like I can just swap it out, the lathe is a 4 year old Nova DRV with an electronic brain for controlling the speed and sensing overlaods and out of balance situations, so there is not much I can do with it until I get a Return Goods Authorization from Teknatool. I geuss they are still on holiday break because my online trouble ticket has gone untouched for about 3 days and phone calls to the engineering tech go straight to voice mail.

I would go for a ride rathter than vent here, but it is raining, Drat the bad luck all around, at least I am not at work.

Guess I wil just have to wait for the tech service department to come back from holiday.

Just venting that is all.

You can ride Sat Steve and tell us your woes. Did you try a hammer? On a serious note, un plug it an maybe turn the,switch on while un plugged. Then switch of and replug in and see if it might work. Ops just thought it could be 220 and direct wired also huh.

Steve was generous enough to bring over a cutting board and trivet board which he made for our house warming gift. These things are VERY. Nice and look fantastic. He has an amazing knack for woodworking. Hope this gets resolved quickly Hope to,see ya soon buddy. happy new year...

Edited by Barrycuda
Auto text make this look stupid

Dion,

Planning on the ride Saturday, tried everything you suggested, except the straight wiring 220, not an option. The control board is out and ready to ship as soon as I get an RMA.

Barry,

Happy New Year right back at you, hope to see you on Sat.

Funny the service center for NOVA lathes is in St Pete, last time I had a similar problem, I asked if I could hand deliver the unit and they do not allow visitors.