IGNORED

Texas run

Big Auggie

Hi,

I have lived in Northeast Texas most of my life. The weather that time of year can really be very unpredictable. The range of temperature can go from freezing to the upper 80s. Last year we had snow on March 1st, but that is a verrrry unusual occurrence. This year is currently running warm. I went for a ride today as matter of fact. I can suggest a couple of places that I consider nice areas to ride. The Palo Pinto Mountains WNW of Fort Worth in the area of Mineral Wells and Graham also Possum Kingdom Lake is in that area. Glen Rose to the south has some nice foothill areas to ride in as well as a Dinosaur track State Park. Those are some suggestions that are a lot closer than the Texas Hill Country west of San Antonio, however that area really does have some of the best motorcycle roads in the State along with plenty of wineries and cool small towns. It will just take alot longer to get there. I hope you enjoy your time here.

We really liked the Dennison area when we came thru there,, got in late at night - some guy was admiring Tweeks while Tip and I were eating a late dinner at a Fried Chicken place.. Got yapping with him,, he asked where we were staying - I pointed a sign behind an old building, he invited us to stay at the campground that was attached to the marina where he kept his boat... Found the place wayyy back in the middle of nowhere, JUST GORGEOUS AREA - next days ride going south/west was beautiful country!!

Coming down out of Okie was BEAUTIFUL too - had NO idea that area had so many lakes!!!

Ride safe - HAVE FUN!!

PS - I LOVE Texans - a kinder bunch of biking crazies you will never find!!!

Puc

DSCN3527.JPG

DSCN3524.JPG

DSCN3518.JPG

DSCN3510.JPG

DSCN3502.JPG

DSCN3500.JPG

DSCN3493.JPG

Forgot about the spring break thing. So where's a good place to go in Texas from February 15th-30th.

When we were down in Big Bend N. P. last June we had the whole park to ourselves.. Sitting in front of the gas station in the park, yappin with the guy who sold us the sandwiches, I asked if Tip and I were the only bikers on the planet who appreciated shear desert beauty.. Guy told us that during the winter months the place is known in the biker world as some of the best riding in the country!!!

Probably not 115 degrees down there than either...

DSCN3696.JPG

DSCN3697.JPG

DSCN3721.JPG

DSCN3730.JPG

DSCN3686.JPG

My favorite in Texas is west Texas including the big bend area. Don't expect any fancy hotels or restaurants (well maybe one). The scenery is great, the roads are fantastic. And the locals treat you like family. But it's a looong way out there. Two day from Dallas/Ft Worth or Houston. One day hard ride from Austin. Dress for 50 Degree temperature swings from the 30's to the 80's. Bring your passport if ya want to cross the river and have lunch in Mexico.