IGNORED

New Feature added - Favorite Smilies

Freebird

OK..back by popular request is a modification that allows you to create your own favorite smiles. There is a small bug in the programming code that is causing it to show two rows of blocks at the bottom of the quick reply box where it should be only one. I will get that figured out. In the meantime, it does work.

First of all, I have again created some categories of the available smilies to make it easier to find the ones you want in general.

There is also a category called "My Favorites". To add your favorite 20 smiles to that category, you have to click on "Settings" in the upper right of the page. Then scroll down until you see DBTech - VBEdtior Tabs in the left menu. Under that is "Favorites Tab Settings".

Just click on that and then drag your favorite 20 into the box.

Edited by Freebird

That's right...I give you one thing and you ask for something else..... There's just no pleasing some people. :bawling:

LOL....just kidding. Give me a few days. I'll see what I can come up with.

Next thing you'll be wanting is new music in the chat room. I changed the songs just a couple of years ago. :)

Well I found out what was causing the double line of the smilie boxes under quick reply and got it corrected. Now the problem is that it was the bottom navbar that I had added that was causing a conflict so I'll have to figure out another way to do that. Will try to do that tomorrow but for now.....it's bedtime. :draming:

OK..back by popular request is a modification that allows you to create your own favorite smiles. There is a small bug in the programming code that is causing it to show two rows of blocks at the bottom of the quick reply box where it should be only one. I will get that figured out. In the meantime, it does work.

First of all, I have again created some categories of the available smilies to make it easier to find the ones you want in general.

There is also a category called "My Favorites". To add your favorite 20 smiles to that category, you have to click on "Settings" in the upper right of the page. Then scroll down until you see DBTech - VBEdtior Tabs in the left menu. Under that is "Favorites Tab Settings".

Just click on that and then drag your favorite 20 into the box.

This won't work on my iPad or iPhone & I don't have a computer. Is there any other way to add them to "My Favorites"?

No, there is no other way that I know of. I'm out of town but when I get home later this evening I will use my wife's iPad to see if there is a way to do it. If not, you will just have to find access to a computer and then log in from it and select your smilies. Then they should be there for you.

Edited by Freebird

I made one change to the favorites folks. They were collapsed by default. Now you should be able to expand any of the groups, most likely your favorites and that tab should remain open when you get ready to reply to another post. It will no longer collapse by default.

This won't work on my iPad or iPhone & I don't have a computer. Is there any other way to add them to "My Favorites"?

Appears that there is no way for it to work on the Ipad or Iphone. Sorry. The only option would be to set it up as you want it when you have access to a computer somewhere.

I tried to move the 'nanner' emoticon to my favorites. Wouldn't stick. And before you ask, I tried it several times, all before I filled up my favorites with the twenty allowed.

Have no idea why not. I just tried it and confirmed what you are saying but don't know why.

That's right...I give you one thing and you ask for something else..... There's just no pleasing some people. :bawling:

LOL....just kidding. Give me a few days. I'll see what I can come up with.

Next thing you'll be wanting is new music in the chat room. I changed the songs just a couple of years ago. :)

Please don't lose the song from Erlon Olivera. That would be wrong.