IGNORED

Dang it! I'm sooo tempted!

BigLenny

The Yamaha shop close by me has a used 2005 Venture Liguid Silver beautiful! Pretty much perfect. Has 32K miles. Theyre asking $7900.00, but I could buy the thing in the mid to low $6's. Already has a center stand and bag rails as well as trunk rack and passing lamps. My 2007 RSTD has been absolutely perfect and I love the Red and raven color on my bike, But, that silver looks pretty dang slick in person.

SOMEBODY TALK ME OUT OF IT!

I will be a voice of reason here. I actually sold my Venture thinking I wanted something more modern. Well here it is roughly 5 months later and I end up with a 2006 RSTD with only 19K miles. I realized I loved the motor and ride of the Royal Star. But I didn't like the fairing on the Venture because it was a pain in the a^^ to take off to do any maintenance on the front end. I also took the trunk off my Venture because I never used it. So the RSTD was the clear choice for me. I will put an aftermarket fairing that is easier to remove than the Venture fairing because I do like the wind protection and stereo. And I can always add a trunk if needed. So in my mind if your RSTD is in good condition, it is much cheaper to just add the extras you would want in the Venture versus buying a new to you bike.

HMMM....

Well if you do it the 1st Genners will attempt to intimidate you. Other than that, I can't think of a single reason not to based on what you have told us so far.

I know PB,,, I KNOW I am the worst of the worst when it comes to gramhers- centance structure - punksituations and have NO business correcting any of my buds here BUT,,, this one really needs to be corrected... Your first sentence has two extra words in it,, it should read,, WELL IF YOU DO IT THE 1ST GENNERS WILL INTIMIDATE YOU.. Just trying to keep the Watering Hole honest...

Lenny,, I gotta hunch ya came to the wrong spot to have one of us try to talk ya out of it,, THAT is one gorgeous bike for the money!!

Best wishes in your decision making,,, personally,,,, I can clearly see the need for all of us to have 1 of each,,, an RSTD for a play bike,, and RSV for another play bike and finally,, a 1st Gen for yet another play bike,, only faster...

Edited by cowpuc
had to reconstruct my sentence because I miscounted the number of words PB had extra in his poorly constructed sentence.

WELL IF YOU DO IT THE 1ST GENNERS WILL IMITATE YOU..

corrected for what you probably meant to say:stickinouttounge:

And I agree, the value of the bike is there; but that's not helping is it? So, um, who needs more than one motorcycle at a time, anyway?

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by cowpuc viewpost-right.png

WELL IF YOU DO IT THE 1ST GENNERS WILL INTIMIDATE YOU..

corrected for what you probably meant to say:stickinouttounge:

And I agree, the value of the bike is there; but that's not helping is it? So, um, who needs more than one motorcycle at a time, anyway?

Exactly,, thank you for that correction PB!!

So, um, who needs more than one motorcycle at a time, anyway? = Lots of people need more than one bike PB for a variety of reasons,,, I personally have noticed Tweeks feels better when other bikes are around her - especially over the long winter.. I know one thing,, I wouldnt wanna be locked in my basement for months on end with no one to talk to.. Guns are the same way,,, I knew a guy a number of years ago that bought a new 30-06,,, it was his first gun.. He proudly showed it to me,, I pointed out that it looked sad.. He was like,, huh:confused24:..

I told em I thought it was lonely and we went back to the gun shop and he bought the 870 Remington 12 gauge that had been sitting next to the -06.. That 30-06 chippered right up...

You ever heard the term "bike family"? Older bikers like myself remember the real meaning for that term.. Most folks today think "bike family" implies a family of human beings who own bikes - most often used when a man and his wife both own their own bikes... Well,, the REAL and ORIGINAL meaning of that term was, and to some of us still does mean,, a "family of bikes" (ANYTHING WITH TWO WHEELS AND A MOTOR) that is owned by 1 human being..

Ya I have three bikes; and two are actually rideable (although they haven't been out much in their present state of chilled 32-degree misery.) :crying:

I was deliberately trying to make a WEAK reason to not jump on the RSV he wants; because he doesn't REALLY want us to talk him out of it. So HECK, if you want it, and can afford it, JUST GET IT and consider it a blessing! After all it's only :mo money:but it gets you a :Venture: