IGNORED

Thought seriuosly about a Gold Wing, Nope!!

ENG2242

I road a 2015 GW yesterday just to satisfy my curiosity. They are very well balanced, and have a smooth quiet engine. I am 6'4" and I did not fit. If I wanted to put my feet on highway pegs, my legs were spread way the hell out and my calves rubbed the fairing. Granted it is a nice bike, but for the money my RSV just can't be beat. Thanks to this site you can get many extra options made by members at a reasonable price. So with that, I felt like I was riding a toy, if you will on the GW and a motorcycle on my RSV. I'm not a GW basher, just not as impressive as I was hoping and expecting.

Edited by ENG2242

I road a 1015 GW yesterday just to satisfy my curiosity. Theyhe money are very well balanced, and have a smooth quiet engine. I am 6'4" and I did not fit. If I wanted to put my feet on highway pegs, my legs were spread way the hell out and my calves rubbed the fairing. Granted it is a nice bike, but for the money my RSV just can't be beat. Thanks to this site you can get many extra options made by members at a reasonable price. So with that, I felt like I was riding a toy if you will on the GW and a motorcycle on my RSV. I'm not a GW basher, just not as impressive as I was hoping and expecting.

I had a 2003 Wing for appx 1.5 years before I bought the Vic. Really liked the Wing, awesome power, great handling, super smooth ... but it felt too much like driving a car on 2 wheels, so I bought a real motorcycle LOL

Just like with the RSV, the GW, has many modifications, including seats, and highway pegs to spread out your 6'4 frame. The handling, the slow riding and the perks of a reverse as well as ABS are very much a great thing to have. I'm not that tall, however my RSV was lowered by P.O. And I did the tail of dragon twisties etc. I like the uniqueness of the RSV, the fact it looks bad ass compared to the GW. However for my height, my general so riding short and long distances, I'd rather not have a top heavy bike, and have a reverse. I love the look of the RSV, but I wanted a change. The jury was initially out after immediate purchase but the GW and it's features came in handy this years IR.

I got this I'm 6 foot four I weigh 280 pounds the only thing I can do on my gold wing is put floorboards and heel toe shifters because my toes face downward I have a 36 inseam what I had to do it on my bike was raise the handlebars up an inch and forward an inch in the risers cost about $80 this where the handlebars did not hit my kneecaps-other than that I now have 21,000 miles on my bike in the last year and a half I did however put armrests on for my wife and I have a trailer hitch and wiring and I have my old highway pegs on the lower front of the engine guard have any difficulty with turns except when I'm riding twisties, then I have to turn my highway pegs in the upright position[ATTACH=CONFIG]95438[/ATTACH]

To each his own they say. Some things just need to be given a chance, and a little adjustment here and there before one can really make a sound decision.

As for me and my Goldwing, we fit well together. At first now I wasn't sure if I really liked it either. However, after a week in the saddle and a few adjustments it gave me the feeling and confidence I have been looking for.

I see my wing and I together for many more miles.

5' 8" with 32 inseam, and I have no problem standing flat footed at red lights.

I just sold my 99 RSV and purchased a 2007 Honda Goldwing with ABS. The major reason for the change was the top heaviness and slow speed handling when riding 2 up on the RSV. I feel the low center of gravity on the wing is much easier for me to handle. Just my opinion.

I feel the low center of gravity on the wing is much easier for me to handle. Just my opinion.

It's not an opinion, it's a FACT. When I went from my RSMV to the Wing, it was like riding a MUCH lighter bike. Slow speed handling was a breeze in comparison to the RSMV. Now with the Vic, it's even easier. I would never go back to a RSV because of that.

To each his own they say. Some things just need to be given a chance, and a little adjustment here and there before one can really make a sound decision.

As for me and my Goldwing, we fit well together. At first now I wasn't sure if I really liked it either. However, after a week in the saddle and a few adjustments it gave me the feeling and confidence I have been looking for.

I see my wing and I together for many more miles.

5' 8" with 32 inseam, and I have no problem standing flat footed at red lights.

6 ft with a 29 inch inseam.....yeah I never claimed any thing close to normal......

I described the attributes of a GW. Tried different seats and pegs. Rode one a good distance. Bottom line is I like the RSV better. It has a lot more to offer me as an individual than a GW. As said, I feel like I am riding a motorcycle. Additionally, I did not want to turn my bank account over to Kuryakyn sp? to purchase what comes stock on my RSV. Yes, reverse would be nice, ABS would be nice. However, not having it has not been a factor. I ride two up all the time. I can barely roll into a stop and my feet are firmly planted when stopped. There are GW's with 500K and there are RSV's with 500K. Yes, there was a whine with the GW, not as bad as the RSV. My wife did not like the comfort of the rear seat. First thing she said was" foot peg's??" Enjoy your bikes, hell I have a group of friends that went with Harleys, now they bought into that cult and hardly want to ride. It's unbelievable

I had a 2003 Wing for appx 1.5 years before I bought the Vic. Really liked the Wing, awesome power, great handling, super smooth ... but it felt too much like driving a car on 2 wheels, so I bought a real motorcycle LOL

So when do you pick it up :thumbsup2: We will be looking for pictures.

I just sold my 99 RSV and purchased a 2007 Honda Goldwing with ABS. The major reason for the change was the top heaviness and slow speed handling when riding 2 up on the RSV. I feel the low center of gravity on the wing is much easier for me to handle. Just my opinion.

Youre re gonna love the wing, and especially the ABS. First time you'll need it, you will thank your lucky stars. Coming home from the IR, a mother and baby deer just bolted out of the blue and was on pace to steamroll me. I hit those brakes and the ABS basically helped me stop completely before getting T-boned...good luck with the wing

ABS is a nice safety factor. If it's wet, and you lock em with ABS down ya go. Ihere is a very effective way to emergency stop without them, if you don't panic and lock em. Again, they are nice. However, I would go with a Vic long before I'd go with a GW. Plus I like the fairing to turn with the handle bars. Anyway, enjoy and be safe,

My wife and I were riding with large group on the Florida Turnpike on wet roads leader of the group decides to try to answer his telephone while riding his bike. What a freaking moron we wound up nosediving on the brakes I'm so glad we have ABS we watched motorcycles sideways fishtail all over the place and we basically small wiggle hammering down on the brakes to get ourselves stop I was so impressed with the ABS. I'm glad we are on our Goldwing instead of the venture,

Good gosh, ABS is a nice feature. Third time I said it. However, clearly the majority performed a panic stop,did not keep a proper safety distance, weren't paying attention and clearly the Lead rider had no business in front. I teach advanced rider courses and had to E stop on a wet off ramp with two upl. Sure am glad I took and teach the class, as I love that RSV. BTW, Yamaha just sent me a nice new Star-Pod...IPOD for free to connect to my auxillary input. Plus the option to utilize their CD player if I want. CB which I love . Also, all the options guy's make and sell far cheaper then Kuryakyn. Grateful for this site.I'm done, be safe and enjoy your ride. Goldwings are simply not a fit or the ride I want.