IGNORED

Two Batteries on one battery tender?

Bluechrome

If they're wired up in parallel they'll both keep the same charge level, basically becomes one larger battery. I believe the Tender is capable of doing much larger capacity batteries, so theoretically it should work.

The issue I see is if the batteries aren't in the same condition. If one has a problem it could end up ruining the other.

You can get a Tender JR for under $30. You'd spend a good chunk of that rigging up something to share a tender. For that matter, you can get an extra vehicle side connector - just move your tender every couple weeks.

This is what I use on my motor home. http://www.lslproducts.net/TLSPage.html

I have a bank of 6 volt in series for the house and one 12 volt for starting. The TRIK-L-Start decides which batteries need charging and flips back and forth accordingly. I think it was under $50 and it sure made a difference for me especially when the RV is stored for several months at a time because the chassis battery wasn't being charged the way it was before when I was plugged into shore power. I don't know if the battery tenders would work to charge multiple batteries at the same time as most only put out 1 or 2 amps. A larger capacity smart charger might be a better way to go. I'm sure some of the smarter electricians here will be able to give a better educated answer to that.

I am using the battery minder plus, and is specifically is rated to maintain multiple batteries, on the condition that they are the same type (AGM) and same state of charge (charged) when hooked up. Attached link to the users manual. I would expect battery tender to work with same conditions.

http://www.batteryminders.com/content/manuals/plus_models.pdf