IGNORED

Gas Tank Removal

bnd07

I have a "new" 2012 RSV and just turned 655 miles. There one problem. There is too much play in the throttle. I get about a quarter turn from stop to when the throttle starts to increase in rpm. I can see that under the tank on the left side of the bike is where the throttle cables attach to the little gadget that controls the carbs. There are two cables and each has an adjustment but I can't get to them with a wrench unless the tank is removed.

I tried 3 times to explain this to my dealer but those boneheads only tried to adjust the play up at the throttle grip. All that did was make the throttle stick. Not good. I guess they didn't want to spend their time and money on warrantee work.

So I guess I have to do this myself.

My question...........how difficult is it to remove the Venture gas tank? And, am I going to the right place to adjust the cables?

Any help on this would make me a very happy person.

Thanks...

So I guess I have to do this myself.

My question...........how difficult is it to remove the Venture gas tank? And, am I going to the right place to adjust the cables?

Thanks...

This should walk you through it. It is actually quite easy to do. Just remember that you have to adjust both at the handlegrip as well as down under the gas tank. Let me know if the attacvhment is not readable or big enough. I can then send it to you in email if you wish.

Friendly regards,

Jonas / StarFan

Adjusting the throttle grip free play 1.pdf