IGNORED

Anyone ever ship a windshield

Eck

I had one shipped to me several years ago and they just kind of formed the windshield with cardboard. Lot of tape.. Doubled and tripled in places.

I think standard insurance is around $200.

Any way it got to me in great shape.

BOO

I shipped one to Virginia, I used bubble wrap and serran wrap to cover the windshield. Then I made a cardboard box for it, so that it for snuggly inside. Without any chance of movement. I checked prices for ups, usps and FedEx. Depending on how you want to send it, compare, you will save some bucks from one to another.

Cleaned shield really well, wrapped in shrink wrap, than wrapped in used foam "carpet padding" (free from carpet installers), shrink wrap again around foam.. Got an empty box from a local bike shop that a windshield had came in,, worked perfect..

Have also shipped the same way minus the "box".. Just made a "windshield sandwich" - covered the exterior of the shrink wrapped carpet pad with two pieces of cardboard and stapled together.. Shrink wrap or duc tape a few wraps around the arch of the shield to minimize its ability to flex and crack.. Worked perfectly..

I shipped the "pass it on" windshield a couple months ago and it was done in plastic wrap then bubble wrap. All was well. FedEx person told me it was actually less likely to be damadged, because they could see what it was. Put the shipping lable right on the wrap and sent it.

Edited by Caveman
more info

I bought a new tall windshield from Cee Bailey for my 2004 Kawa Concours. It came in a box wrapped in thin foam plastic. Somebody in NY wanted my old one. I checked with UPS and the shipping cost from Homestead FL to NY was $50. He wasn't willing to pay $20 plus shipping.