IGNORED

Ebay fuel pump

Has anyone had experience with this fuel pump??

It has to be a Chinese pump, but it seems to be priced at a point where I am considering getting it as a carry around back up..

other then the blue wire, it looks a lot like the ones for sale in the Europe.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fuel-Pump-2001-Yamaha-XVZ-1300-TF-Venture-Star-5JC3-/161410288013?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2594cd898d&vxp=mtr

thanks

chuck

One thing you have to consider when getting a different pump is the pressure it puts out. The standard pump puts out 2-3 psi, I think. Someone else maybe will chime in and correct me if I'm wrong. Too much pressure is bad for the rubber needle valves.

There has been discussion on this among us running the Mr Gasket pump. Far as I know none of the folks I have talked with have had an issue with flooding out while sitting. If your worried about it turn the petcock off.

There has been discussion on this among us running the Mr Gasket pump. Far as I know none of the folks I have talked with have had an issue with flooding out while sitting. If your worried about it turn the petcock off.

Been thinking about this, and one way this could happen is when a partially full tank is sitting in direct sunlight the pressure build up 'could' force fuel past the pump. My midnight gets damn hot.... Fuel will expand, but not as much as air in a partially filled tank. I guess this wouldn't happen if the overflow was 2 way. Also a full tank could possibly leak fuel when overheated. There must be some reason why Yamaha went to the type fuel pump that they did. :stirthepot: :confused07:

Been thinking about this, and one way this could happen is when a partially full tank is sitting in direct sunlight the pressure build up 'could' force fuel past the pump. My midnight gets damn hot.... Fuel will expand, but not as much as air in a partially filled tank. I guess this wouldn't happen if the overflow was 2 way. Also a full tank could possibly leak fuel when overheated. There must be some reason why Yamaha went to the type fuel pump that they did. :stirthepot: :confused07:

When carbs are close to the bottom of the tank, even gravity can't get fuel to the carbs. So they add a fuel pump.

Heat shouldn't be a problem cause the gas tank is vented. Only a problem when vent gets blocked.

Has anyone had experience with this fuel pump??

It has to be a Chinese pump, but it seems to be priced at a point where I am considering getting it as a carry around back up..

other then the blue wire, it looks a lot like the ones for sale in the Europe.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fuel-Pump-2001-Yamaha-XVZ-1300-TF-Venture-Star-5JC3-/161410288013?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2594cd898d&vxp=mtr

thanks

chuck

One more thing relating to the first post.... :whistling: I did order one of them and the end bibs are about 3/8" not the 6mm they need to be. It would need some reducers to make it fit.... If you want to mess with plumbing go ahead. I returned mine, and picked up the point set.

In my OP, Chinese made equals junk!

Now that is BS!!! One can't blame the manufacturer for what the distributor ordered. The Chinese make what the buyer specified, and the manufacturer just turns a blind eye to the orders for poor quality product and takes the money. As for what they make for their own use, it is good quality, like my Norinco 7.56x39 will operate all the time, every time no matter what, and is the equal of any similar firearm in the world. I vividly reacall the days when 'made in Japan' was synonymous with 'junk'

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

Ive seen 2 memebers from here hydrolock and ruin engines

Brian

One more thing relating to the first post.... :whistling: I did order one of them and the end bibs are about 3/8" not the 6mm they need to be. It would need some reducers to make it fit.... If you want to mess with plumbing go ahead. I returned mine, and picked up the point set.

Where did you get a point set, I got a old pump I'd like to get rebuilt as a backup.

Where did you get a point set, I got a old pump I'd like to get rebuilt as a backup.

I picked up one set off eBay for a little over $30 bucks, then popped for two more off Amazon, and they were a little over $25 with free shipping. BTW they come from Japan, not China.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0034ZMVKU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1]Amazon.com: K&L Supply Universal Fuel Pump Point Switch Kit 18-4615: Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/413ZwtRHzdL.@@AMEPARAM@@413ZwtRHzdL[/ame]

I picked up one set off eBay for a little over $30 bucks, then popped for two more off Amazon, and they were a little over $25 with free shipping. BTW they come from Japan, not China.

Amazon.com: K&L Supply Universal Fuel Pump Point Switch Kit 18-4615: Automotive

Jack, this universal fits the RSV? or is it the wrong URL? Amazon says it doesn't fit the rsv when you do a look up.:think:

thanks,

Brian

Jack, this universal fits the RSV? or is it the wrong URL? Amazon says it doesn't fit the rsv when you do a look up.:think:

thanks,

Brian

I just compared the new set to the set on an old fuel pump , and they look the same to me?? I'll get into it a little more in the morning and do an R&R to be absolutely sure. But right now they look identical....

I just compared the new set to the set on an old fuel pump , and they look the same to me?? I'll get into it a little more in the morning and do an R&R to be absolutely sure. But right now they look identical....

OK Brian, I just got thru installing the new set of points. It took about 15mins. Fit perfect. BTW, I will be keeping the original set as they looked pretty good, but just wanted to make sure they'd swap out. Attached are some pics. The last one shows the label with the part number, and I might add that both the eBay set and the Amazon set were the same part. So if anyone wants a spare set these look like the answer. However.... until I can plug one in to see if it works it's not an absolute. Would I order a set again?? Yes. :backinmyday:

2014-10-15 06.11.38 (Medium).jpg

OK Brian, I just got thru installing the new set of points. It took about 15mins. Fit perfect. BTW, I will be keeping the original set as they looked pretty good, but just wanted to make sure they'd swap out. Attached are some pics. The last one shows the label with the part number, and I might add that both the eBay set and the Amazon set were the same part. So if anyone wants a spare set these look like the answer. However.... until I can plug one in to see if it works it's not an absolute. Would I order a set again?? Yes. :backinmyday:

THanks Jack! Ill order that right now so ive got all winter to think about it...:):whistling: