IGNORED

11000ft elevation and she ststarts to Back-fire

Hwy guy's, never a back-fire ever on my 2013 RSV. Riding to the top of the 10k elevation and she starts to back fire. Carb I know, less O2 and less barometric pressure. Also, it is difficult to find that sweet spot on the choke to keep it running. Suggestions??

Hwy guy's, never a back-fire ever on my 2013 RSV. Riding to the top of the 10k elevation and she starts to back fire. Carb I know, less O2 and less barometric pressure. Also, it is difficult to find that sweet spot on the choke to keep it running. Suggestions??

Just thinking here, but at 11,000 feet elevation there ain't a whole lot of oxygen so you're actually running rich, and unburned fuel is igniting in the exhaust. It might also be because your jets are one size too rich to keep the head temps down.?? OK in the lower altitudes, but not good higher up. We used to always lean out the jets on cars to get them to run better at altitude. If you're blowing black smoke at 11000ft that's a good indication of unburned fuel. Tell the dealer... maybe they'll re-jet under warrantee??

Just thinking, would a higher octane help or Seafoam? This is a vacation trip. We'll be back in a week where we all can breathe accordingly. David

Depending on where you are, you might try contacting a local dealer. They might be better versed on dealing with the problem. The warrantee is good with any Y dealer.