IGNORED

tire cupping

I know the subject of tires has been discussed at length but I will require a new front before next season and I'm wondering if there are any do's and don'ts as far as mixing brands. I currently run Kenda Kruz front and rear and the reason for replacing the front is cupping. I'm not sure if the cause was balancing or pressure but I will certainly be monitoring the new tire very closely and getting the new one balanced properly.

Any suggestions?:63:

I found cupping on my rear tire...cause was the air pressure was set by P.O. at yamaha specs. I increased air pressure to almost the max the tires say for max load....the problem seems to be going away. Will see if the rear end whine goes away as well. Cupping wear seems to cause that sometimes...

I do not know your tire brand at all but I know the cupping on my brothers BMW with Metzler tires was totally pressure related.

You need to read the tire to find out manufactures recommended pressures then you can play a few PSI from there.

Example is my Avon front is rated for 42 PSI max full load. 42 is high so I started at 40 and that was firm, dropped to 38 and it felt good, dropped to 36 is it was mushy feeling. I run 38 PSI front now.

My V-Strom I run lower front tire pressure for the feel and flexibility, I don't have to change pressures for gravel road riding.... I can see the cupping starting