IGNORED

Hagon installed!! Nice ride!

Put my new Hagon shock on tonight and wow what a difference. It sits a good bit higher than my old stock shock. Anyway the ride is much firmer and crisp. Still have a little weird quirk in the front end as far as uneven surfaces but over all the ride is much better. Now to find why the front end is a little weird.

Since you upgraded the rear shock, it's only right that you also drop in a new set of fork springs while you are changing fork oil. The springs in your 99 have more than lost their sag by now. And by raising the front of the bike back up where it belongs, it will help out that strange quirk you are feeling in the front tire.

Rick

I'm gonna bet it's the steering head again.

Since you upgraded the rear shock, it's only right that you also drop in a new set of fork springs while you are changing fork oil. The springs in your 99 have more than lost their sag by now. And by raising the front of the bike back up where it belongs, it will help out that strange quirk you are feeling in the front tire.

Rick

Funny you guys should be discussing this......I've been meaning to pose the same question myself, Robert.......but it's too late for me to do the bearings OR the springs with my week-long trip departing tomorrow.

I'll just have to be careful going over those uneven, off-camber, on the curve railway crossing while I'm away on vacation!!

For when I get home, is there a link to some helpful post on the "easy" way to do the steering head bearings? (video even?)

Thanks,

M

Put my new Hagon shock on tonight and wow what a difference. It sits a good bit higher than my old stock shock. Anyway the ride is much firmer and crisp. Still have a little weird quirk in the front end as far as uneven surfaces but over all the ride is much better. Now to find why the front end is a little weird.

Do you have a part # for that shock?

For when I get home, is there a link to some helpful post on the "easy" way to do the steering head bearings? (video even?)

I've asked the same question on here and didn't get much of a response. The bike had 50k miles and excessively loose bearings. I've tightened them up but still think they are pretty beat up and should be replaced.

Does anyone have instructions on how to dissemble the fairing and change out the steering head bearings?

• 7 months later...

I just had a Hagon installed on my 02 Venture and like you I now sit about 1 inch higher.We seem to be the only 2 that have said shock will raise you up.I have not tried any adjusting yet did you try to adjust pre load to lower ?Actually so far this Hagon (without any adjustment) sits higher and rides as hard as a rock compared to the oem bad shock.I have only put 350 miles on since I had installed since it has been raining here for days.I will evaluate after 1000 miles.