IGNORED

new vmax comming

Snarley Bill

according to one of my magazines, a yamaha source said the new vmax is coming. yamaha wants to be sure it is exactly right before it's release. they want to out do the new b-king. i still say the vmax will be the test bed for the engine for the royalstar replacement all new tourer of the future for yamaha. the venture is becoming archaic by todays touring standards, and do to be replaced. look for 1800, v4, aluminum frame, fuel injection, advanced styling, and much more. this is probably why they haven't improved on the rsv. it's just holding over to be replaced by something totally new. thats just my guess. :2133:

according to one of my magazines, a yamaha source said the new vmax is coming. yamaha wants to be sure it is exactly right before it's release. they want to out do the new b-king. i still say the vmax will be the test bed for the engine for the royalstar replacement all new tourer of the future for yamaha. the venture is becoming archaic by todays touring standards, and do to be replaced. look for 1800, v4, aluminum frame, fuel injection, advanced styling, and much more. this is probably why they haven't improved on the rsv. it's just holding over to be replaced by something totally new. thats just my guess. :2133:

bill, what was that you said in another thread?

"too bad i'm a poor man"?

well, that sorta holds true for me, too.

regardless of their "new and improved" models, i'll still have to keep what i have, 'till i hit the lottery!

lol

thanks for the info, though.

maybe yamaha will release pics, before i get too old to care.

just jt

Bill,

I have to ask this? but are you getting a spot ready in your shop for the new

1800 V-max?I know I asked this before but If you are I would not mind taking a few of your toys off your hands heck Roadkill might want one of your toys aswell, he can add some miles on for you if you like.

:cool10:

I seen the 2006-2007 V-max at the cycle shop down in Bowie TX. this past weekend Silver & Black. Boy it sure was pretty Would have stopped but Peg & I was having so much fun riding with Wildhair39 when we got back home it was close to being dark.

Buddy

Bill,

1800 V-max?I know I asked this before but If you are I would not mind taking a few of your toys off your hands heck Roadkill might want one of your toys aswell, he can add some miles on for you if you like.

I seen the 2006-2007 V-max at the cycle shop down in Bowie TX. this past weekend Silver & Black. Boy it sure was pretty Would have stopped but Peg & I was having so much fun riding with Wildhair39 when we got back home it was close to being dark.

Buddy

we did have great ride ,i left for home sun morn about 10,we will have to do it again

Totally agree it aint gonna be the tired old classic look maybe something like the new Victory.

Bill,

Buddy

always had a place in my heart for a vmax. bought a new 88 in 1989. they were alot faster than the newer ones. i did do some tweaking on it. not as fast as my zx 14, but it did run pretty good. had more nerve back then, or is it called less sense.lol. i do have some space left to park a new max. just have to wait and see what it looks like in real. sure do like the prototype. as far as a new tourer, i love my v-star 1300. can't handle anything heavier than it is anymore. it's gonna have to do the job for a long time. :2133:

I was going to look for a 2ndGen, but now I think I'll stick it out until the 3rdGen RSV 1800's come out... Then I can payback all those 2ndGens with all their parts falling off..... :rotfl::rotfl:
i'm thinking late 2009 or early 2010. i think they are going after some of the goldwing market. i also think there will be a big advertising gimmick like they did with the star line. yamaha learned alot with the star gimmick. sure has sold a ton of bikes. what ever yammer does it is being kept a careful secret. look for the big splash pretty soon. maybe late summer of 08. mark my words, i think i'm going to be right on this one. :cool10::clap2::2133:

I was going to look for a 2ndGen, but now I think I'll stick it out until the 3rdGen RSV 1800's come out... Then I can payback all those 2ndGens with all their parts falling off..... :rotfl::rotfl:
Now Jack, you know your never going to go over to the dark side. :whistling:

i'm thinking late 2009 or early 2010. i think they are going after some of the goldwing market. i also think there will be a big advertising gimmick like they did with the star line. yamaha learned alot with the star gimmick. sure has sold a ton of bikes. what ever yammer does it is being kept a careful secret. look for the big splash pretty soon. maybe late summer of 08. mark my words, i think i'm going to be right on this one. :cool10::clap2::2133:

Hey Bill,

I agree that Yamaha did a good job bringing in the Star line, BUT try to buy some of the Yamaha apparel from the 2008 catalog. Over half of the items are discontinued. I can not figure that out.:confused07:

Hey Bill,

I agree that Yamaha did a good job bringing in the Star line, BUT try to buy some of the Yamaha apparel from the 2008 catalog. Over half of the items are discontinued. I can not figure that out.:confused07:

your right about that. i waited 6 months for the speedstar cams for my warrior. i confronted the yamaha guys at the yamaha tent at star days a couple of years ago. i asked them how they got the pictures for the catalog when most of the stuff was'nt even available. i ordered alot of stuff for my vstar this month and it's here already. things are improving. :2133:

About the only reason discontinued should be on anything is if there is a name change in the works. Maybe Yamaord????:rotfl::rotfl::confused24: Or Harmaha????:rotfl::rotfl:If the last one comes true think how many more pieces of apparel both companies could sell.:confused24::D

About the only reason discontinued should be on anything is if there is a name change in the works. Maybe Yamaord????:rotfl::rotfl::confused24: Or Harmaha????:rotfl::rotfl:If the last one comes true think how many more pieces of apparel both companies could sell.:confused24::D
that would be great. maybe i can finally get a harmaha toilet seat so i can sit in style just like the hardley guys do. :rotfl::rotf::rotfl::cool10::cool10::rasberry:

Who do you think your kidding? Your too cheap to buy a second gen and you thing we will believe your going to get a third gen.:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

oh parts don't fall off second gens that a first gen thing.

Honda is stopping production of the Goldwing in the US. 2009 (I think) Goldwings will be produced at a new factory in Japan. Speculation is it will be a new design.

Wouldn't it be great if Yamaha came out with a brand new 125 hp V-4 tourer about the same time?

I gotta agree markets saturated with classic bikes it will be a GW/Vision/BMW competitor. I think what fueled the classic market was people who were riding in the sixties early seventies thats the kind they grew up on but as those riders get older a newer generation is going to want something different.

The only time I heard of anyone losing parts off a bike was from a tired old 1st Gen. But I think the rider was actually pulling the parts off and dropping them so he could find his way home!!!!!!!!!!!:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Who do you think your kidding? Your too cheap to buy a second gen and you thing we will believe your going to get a third gen.:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

oh parts don't fall off second gens that a first gen thing.

Hey, I figure if I start saving my welfare check now, I'll have enough to pick a new one up from Ebay Yamaha when they come out. They should start showing up fairly quickly... right in there among all those 2ndGen parts...that don't fall off..... :clap2::dancefool::rotfl: