IGNORED

Next phase ...

darthandy

Well, I go to pick up my new (to me) 2006 DL1000 V-Strom tomorrow. While there are things about the Venture that I will miss, I really needed something lighter and smaller and the V-Strom should do the job. One problem that I will face will be the lack of a CB radio. I normally lead rides through the peninsula on Wednesdays and as the group has grown, it has been nice to have a "tail gunner" to let me know when there is a problem of some sort.

I've looked into an aftermarket setup but so far, only J&M seems to have something. But ... that something is $439 plus $60 for the mounting bracket plus another roughly $100 for an antenna and mount. That's a bit rich for me and I was wondering if anyone here was aware of another less costly CB radio option (t has to be CB since most of the other riders have Goldwings and there are some Harleys - all with CB"s). I noticed some headsets for Motorola 2 pin radios, but Motorola doesn't seem to be making CB's anymore. So - do I have other options?

Andy

ANDY !!!!

You sold your Red 2000 Venture ??? Or is it still available ?

Let me know if it is - am looking for one to buy :) Not to many of these beauties around these days.

Sorry, but I have already set up a deal with a local dealer to trade my Venture for the V-Strom. The deal closes tomorrow at 1:30. I doubt that you could make it in from Iceland that quickly. These DL1000's are extremely rare around here. I guess they sold a lot more of the DL650's of which a number are available in the area, but I wanted the extra power because .... well, because I like extra power. I may be getting old but I'm not immobilized yet! :Venture:

The deal closes tomorrow at 1:30. I doubt that you could make it in from Iceland that quickly. :Venture:

Well you obviously don´t know me - I´m fast :)

All kidding apart - Congrats on your new bike and enjoy it to the fulest.

Can I ask how many miles your Red Venture has ?

Well you obviously don´t know me - I´m fast :)

All kidding apart - Congrats on your new bike and enjoy it to the fulest.

Can I ask how many miles your Red Venture has ?

Just turned 105,000 km. And of course I had just put on my new Hagon shock - and they aren't giving me anything extra for that. Oh Well ...

Andy