IGNORED

Dragonrider is retiring and I'm making a career change!

86er

Darn! Lewis is retiring and I'm making a career change! (That was written by the Dept of Redundancy Dept!)

Oh well, at least I'm not an old fart like him!!!

I'm still with FedEx, but last Monday I moved from the Alpharetta station to the Atlanta airport ramp station to move into the 18 wheelers. I won't be going over the road, but rather driving the containerized freight out to the local FedEx stations and dropping/pulling trailers at customer locations. I'll be a swing driver, so I will be running all the different routes. One upside is, instead of climbing in and out of a delivery truck 60/80 times a day it will be 8/10 times a day. A lot easier on the knees!

For the next couple of weeks I will be riding the different routes, then 40 hrs practice with a trainer b4 going to Memphis for 3 weeks of tractor-trailer school.

School starts Oct 6th and, as I say, I will be there for 3 weeks so I will be looking for some riding/eating friends on the weekends! I'll do a M&E post when we get closer, but if you live in that area, keep me in mind. :beer: :group cheers:

Oh yeah, after 6 years as a Tues - Sat employee I had the option to go Mon- Fri! Now I can start making more of the Saturday M&Es!

Edited by 86er

Hey, Skid, I told Bubba what you said and he got ALL upset :shock3:; started yelling at me and everything!

Until I told him you said cross county not cross-dressing! :confused24:

Sometimes that boy just ain't right.

Congrats on the new position Todd!! Sounds to me like you and Bubba are in for some real special times finally getting some weekend elbow room!!

Personally, I dont think the verdict is out yet as to whether or not Lewis is actually retiring.. He just doesnt seem like the type of person who can handle hiding from those Honey Do lists..:whistling:

So what's this you tell me,,, you now going to upset more of the world?? we thought we had youtwo nicely put away in a corner and now you found a legal way to break out,,,, darn it anyways,, now it's watch your back again,,,, I think I'll stay home for now.