IGNORED

New Q's on 2nd gear

Ok, just noticed on my bearings on both shafts, only 1 has a full circlip on it(Big bearing on main axle). The other two ( small bearing main axle, opposite end from pinion on drive axle) only have half-clips that are in the lower case half. No parts left in the main case. Is that how they're supposed to be? MamaYama manual shows full clips, the case is grooved for full clips. Inquiring minds want to know!!!!!!

Dan

If they are halves then halves they are. They don't come with a full retainer because only half is needed. I went and bought a new bearing from the bearing store, same exact number but the retainer was full but a fair bit thinner, so had to wait for a real Yammi one that came without the half retainer. So much for experince.

Ok, just noticed on my bearings on both shafts, only 1 has a full circlip on it(Big bearing on main axle). The other two ( small bearing main axle, opposite end from pinion on drive axle) only have half-clips that are in the lower case half. No parts left in the main case. Is that how they're supposed to be? MamaYama manual shows full clips, the case is grooved for full clips. Inquiring minds want to know!!!!!!

Dan

The half clips are the newer type from Yammi, if you look at a Vmax parts diagram, it will show the half clips. I went through this last year........... Ordered a full clip, per parts diagram & received a half clip, so there is a single half clip in mine.