IGNORED

when does first gen end and the 2nd begin

Walnutz

2nd Gen is 99-current. Whole different looking bike.

As for 1st gen...there is a MKI and a MKII. Not sure on the years of those. '83 models were the fastest though.

really?? cool guess I will be fixing the trans then...not just getting a new motor-trans

Wish I never sold my 83 Beast but at that time I had four touring bikes two street bikes one dirt bike I was motorcycle poor lol any way my 83 would do wheelies two up in first and second gear did this several times at Eureka Springs meet years back Peg told me that's enough she tired looking at the clouds lol fixed dreaded washer in transmission upgraded clutch with V-Max differential

Wish I never sold my 83 Beast but at that time I had four touring bikes two street bikes one dirt bike I was motorcycle poor lol any way my 83 would do wheelies two up in first and second gear did this several times at Eureka Springs meet years back Peg told me that's enough she tired looking at the clouds lol fixed dreaded washer in transmission upgraded clutch with V-Max differential

where ya located LOL I need some help hahaha

I won't be much good now days due to my health but still love tinkering with cycle when my body allows me lol

Photo of my 83 beast spent a lot of $$$ on chrome photo not that good but it gives an idea how it looked

I won't be much good now days due to my health but still love tinkering with cycle when my body allows me lol

Photo of my 83 beast spent a lot of $$$ on chrome photo not that good but it gives an idea how it looked

whoa nice...not into chrome (wont make it home Lmao) but I still appreciate that bike and the work..

I want to get mine Nekked and put in my own lights and ****...like that but I got to get her right before I worry about her cosmetics....:fingers-crossed-emo

Now lets hope for a new Venture in 2015 even though I doubt Yamaha will come through so soon :)

I don't see another Venture. Polaris has so many touring bikes that even the big HD is suffering with reduced production because of Polaris (Victory and Indian) and of course Honda dominates the market.

:farmer:

Like Monty totally different rides indeed

Correct me if I'm wrong 83-85 MK1 86-93 MK2 like Monty stated 83 model is the meanest Venture made basically VMax with touring package !!

Remember that the Venture came first so actually the Vmax was a hot rodded Venture with all the touring stuff stripped off V Boost, bigger carbs, hotter cams,and lower final drive ratio.