IGNORED

Victory Vision is a nice bike

debelt

Well, I rode a Vision on my trip to Death Valley last weekend and was pretty impressed with the bike overall. Has plenty of smooth power, very, very comfortable. I don't believe that I've ever sat on a more comfortable bike. The ergos were perfect for me (6'1", 230 lbs.). What's truly unique about this bike is that the damn thing fits almost anyone because of the handle bar pull back, low seat height, and extra long floor boards. One of my buddies is 5'8" and had no problem handling this huge bike. I say huge, cause it's damn near as long as the U.S.S. Missouri and weighs 890 lbs. wet. It kinda freaks you out at first cause the windshield is so far out in front of you, and couple that with the fixed fairing, and it takes some getting use to.

I was doing almost 75 when I dropped down into 6th gear and it felt like it wasn't even needed. It's a very stable bike in that it handles cross winds, sweepers, and twisties extremely well. The adjustable windshield (electric) makes a huge difference for the passenger when in the highest position. The model we had had everything except the navigation system (heated grips, seats, etc, very nice).

Sound of the stereo was excellent. Plug-ins in's galor for your MP3 player and IPOD. Saddlebags are lacking somewhat in space, but the trunk is a good size.

We met a writer (Clement Salvadori) from "Rider Magazine" on the trip who was doing a review and of the Vision (he was riding his Vision with a group of BMW sport touring riders) for the magazine at a restaraunt in the park and he sat down with us and picked our brains about our impressions of the bike. I'm gonna get the next issue to see if he plagerized any of us. :lol:

The bike drew crowds everywhere we went. It's a great machine and I would recommend it to anyone seeking a serious touring bike.

(By the way, I had my Midnight RSV parked right next to it and got just as many compliments as the Vision. People were fascinated by the Vision, but also appreciated the "old school" look of the RSV. A lot of people just couldn't handle the futuristic look of the Vision.)

Don, interesting observations. I too would have to agree that that bike is extremely comfortable to sit on. I'm personally not so sure of ALL the plastic on that bike, and really didn't like the lack of room in the saddlebags, but from just sitting on it - with the wife on the back at the IMS show, it did truly surprise me.

Sorry guys the Vision may be techno great, but it is ugly, two hand fulls ugly and did I mention it was really ugly, some engineer had his head squarely up his posterior went he designed that one If I see someone riding the vision I have to laugh AND point. and it's really a shame because the rest of the line looks really good

Sorry guys the Vision may be techno great, but it is ugly, two hand fulls ugly and did I mention it was really ugly, some engineer had his head squarely up his posterior went he designed that one If I see someone riding the vision I have to laugh AND point. and it's really a shame because the rest of the line looks really good

You got that right....That's a big 10-4.......I concur 100 %.....................:):):)

Now if my name was George Jetson,I bet I would like it.....:rotf:

I test rode a Vision today, only seven miles so I didn't get a great feel for the bike.

Loved the balance, handling and suspension.

Was not overly impressed with the power, gearbox and mirror placement.

Overall felt kind of "tinny".

Passenger did not like the vibration she felt on her floor boards, and she felt cramped.

I will be keeping the RSV a while longer I guess.

RSV just feels a lot more solid than the Vision.

Now I would like to get that Vision out on a stretch of twisties and wind it out.

I test rode a Vision today, only seven miles so I didn't get a great feel for the bike.

Loved the balance, handling and suspension.

Was not overly impressed with the power, gearbox and mirror placement.

Overall felt kind of "tinny".

Passenger did not like the vibration she felt on her floor boards, and she felt cramped.

I will be keeping the RSV a while longer I guess.

RSV just feels a lot more solid than the Vision.

Now I would like to get that Vision out on a stretch of twisties and wind it out.

As others have said, I can't quite get past the looks either. And I agree with you about the gear box and mirror placement (mirror location is terrible), but the power is strong and smooth (feels quicker than my RSV). And I don't quite understand how anyone could feel "cramped" on that bike, the thing is very long and roomy.:confused24:

Motorcycle Consumer News just did a review in their latest issue. They liked it. I hate the looks less as time goes by, but I still tnhink its ugly. An air cooled V-Twin is not my idea of a touring bike. It's for those that want something different. Or for Harley guys who can't bring themselves to buy a Venture or Wing.

Guest JGorom

I never thought I'd be saying this (because I own a GL1800) but I too have a hard time getting past the looks of this bike. For me it's just too futuristic in it's appearance coupled with the fact it is an air cooled V-Twin which just seems to go against the concept of a long distance hauler.

Rode the Vision when the "Vision Show" came to town last September. Weather was breezy & about 72 degrees. The bike cooked my right leg. Made it hard to concentrate on the bike. Ride & handling was OK but I could't get past the heat. Wonder what it would be like on a warm day. Typical air-cooled machine I guess? Helped me make up my mind. Just purchased a 07 RSV about a month ago. So far so good. DNB

Guest tx2sturgis

We met a writer (Clement Salvadori) from "Rider Magazine" on the trip who was doing a review and of the Vision (he was riding his Vision with a group of BMW sport touring riders) for the magazine at a restaraunt in the park and he sat down with us and picked our brains about our impressions of the bike. I'm gonna get the next issue to see if he plagerized any of us. :lol:

The bike drew crowds everywhere we went. It's a great machine and I would recommend it to anyone seeking a serious touring bike.

Cool. That guy writes for just about every motorcycle magazine ever printed it seems like, including Hog Tales, the magazine sent to members of H.O.G.

He gets paid to ride and write...wonder how I can get a job like that?

Hey did you read my impressions of the Vision in another forum a while back? Its really a nice bike, but I was looking for something without a belt for my next ride.

It turned out to be the Venture.

Seen one on a TV commercial last night. Looks kind of like what Buck Rogers rides in, just a bit smaller because the two people in the commercial where sitting on top of it instead of inside it, or was that the Jetsons..........

Don't like it.

I'd be open for a test ride but it would have to be something really, really special to get me past the looks. That being said, there will be those who love, and buy, the thing because of the looks...different strokes....