IGNORED

Oil leak problem

A couple months ago I had my mechanic do valve cover gaskets,carb boots and adjust valves. All that work is fine and covers aren't leaking.

But I have an oil leak that follows the kickstand and exhaust and is coating the rear wheel! It's down low for sure. My mechanic thinks it's the Stator wire Gromlet where it goes through the cases. Is that possible?

Over full on oil possibly. It will push it out the breather hoses. usually thats up by leg fairings though.

This is ALMOST correct - yes the problem is too much oil, which causes a lot of it to be blown out the crankcase vent (this is covered in great detail in many older threads). However, this oil is never up front. the vent hoses are two of the cluster that hangs down below the battery just above the tip of the side stand. the main oil is coming from the one that connects to the left side air plenum above carb #1.

Goose

I have had problems with the stator wire grommet. Took a couple attempts with a lot if cleaning an silicone sealer but I stopped the leak!

It was after I replaced the old stator (burnt) with a new.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk