IGNORED

what da heck what da hay,, lets debate tires some more..

cowpuc

I have said it before, I know 5 people personally that have had issues with the 880 metzler. Exactly what your tire did, throw a chink of rubber off. I will NEVER, ever again use a metzler for anything again. Not so much because of the tire issue, but how the majority of the folks were treated when they contacted metzler about it. I ran into a total stranger in a bike shop I frequented in Michigan that had a Harley bagger that an 880 did the same thing. I know folks like the tires and how they wore, but I'll never support the company ever again....

:2cents:

PS...I'm glad you and Tippy didn't have issues with that on the road my friend :)

Oh come on jack,, you gotta KNOW by now, aint no stupid questions far as I am concerned.. that old saying, the only stupid questions are the ones that dont get asked....from what I hear, full bore is a fairly old companywho Iis tryin to break into the bike tire industry, gotta hunch there some real profitability left in that field and probably why they wanted in. got one, mounted er up, looks decent, mu85 as speced.. tire was made in korea which is ok by me.. really curious to see how it handles the heat.

it was a 180 dollar retail tire, shipped from jccycle to elk grove, final cost 76 bucks.. picked up a conti tour on amazon for front before I left, shipped it was actually cheaper than this full bore.. its doing fantastic, very impressed with its heat tolorance, still looks like new. Coff was stating how well his e3, s did in the twistys of st. Helens,, and some other areas, I can attest to that! I can also say that conti did well too.. tippy and I followed CM thru those sweepers and stayed in close enough range that I can truthfully say the clearance between the boards on Exodus, the 01 2nd gen he rescued from a horribly abusive original owner, and pavement would be measured in thousants LOL

Whew!! Now I don't feel so dumb.... Never heard of a Full Bore tire before, and it's not a secret code or ??? :bang head:

Gota agree with the E3 fans. 23,100km/14,300mi with approx 5 mm tread left on current E3s. No noticable cupping or abnormal wear yet.

They handle well with 2up and have taken a lot of abuse over the past 13 months, including a 7 day heat wave we survived from Texas to Death valley last July.

(one of the days they predicted a record high of 130f for death valley)

This is the second set for this bike. Not sure how many mi on the first set, but didn't have any isssues with them.

The thing is, the cost for a set over this way is prohibitiive, about $610 a set all in. ouch.

I used Full Bore fork oil in the Bultacos ibn the 70's. It was a cool blue color and I still have about 1/2 quart of 5 wt in the basement.

Barbie and I both wore Full Bore riding boots. They were very well made and, unlike MX boots, had cleated soles.

I wonder if the is the same company?

I used Full Bore fork oil in the Bultacos ibn the 70's. It was a cool blue color and I still have about 1/2 quart of 5 wt in the basement.

Barbie and I both wore Full Bore riding boots. They were very well made and, unlike MX boots, had cleated soles.

I wonder if the is the same company?

Maybe Puc should check the date code on the tires and make sure they are not dated in the 70's. :whistling::detective::confused24::backinmyday:

RandyA