IGNORED

saddleman lid organizer for HD? Mod?

yuckly

Has anyone tried to modify the Saddleman HD Saddlebag Lid organizers to fit the Venture/Deluxe?

I made a template of the inside of my bags and found the dimensions of the HD organizers. I think this could be done??

The Saddlemen FLH Saddlebag Lid Organizer Set is trim, functional and smartly styled organizers fit snugly into the lids of your FLH-style saddlebags. Organize your trip packing and maximize your cargo space using the organizer’s various closed and mesh see-through storage pockets. A variety of elastic bands keep your flashlight, tire gauge and other gear in place, but easily accessible. Easily installs to the saddlebag lids with included hook and loop fastener strips at the factory hardware points. Installation can be completed in minutes with no modification to your motorcycle’s luggage.

20" x 6 5/8" x ½".

Includes right and left organizer.

it seems that the "hook and loop" attachment system is BS according to feedback. I guess if you think about it, adhesive backed velcro on the underside of a hot lid + in an oven = Goo!

"Won't stay on. I cleaned the inside of the saddlebag lids and used the alcohol wipes per the instructions then added the adhesive-backed velcro strips. Two days later I put on the organizers but by the next day the adhesive let go from the saddlebag lid. Otherwise these are real nice and well built. I can't use them as-is and need to find a better method of attaching them."

hmmmm?

not very scientific, but it seems that it will fit in the lid with no issues.

successfully attaching is going to be the hard part, but I can already see places for brackets/clips etc. using the existing hinge and locking mechanism hardware.

I will probably pull the trigger on trying to do this...

• 2 weeks later...

I just mounted the saddlebag organizers to the lids of the RSTD. There was a ton of 3M Velcro and I figured I would just mount them the recommended way and if it doesn't work I will try something else.

So far, so good. They fit nicely in the lid, reasonably priced, and a quality product!

at this point, I would highly recommend!

Look like handy units. I keep our rain suits in the left side. Weel with the CD player in there things are tight, especially on trips with wife. I figured out I could roll one of the jackets up and stuff in the lid. then I used some of the really small 1/4" bungee cords and made an X from the screws for the lock and hinge. It holds the jacket great.

These are the ones I bought a few years ago for my 2006 Venture and they are still going strong....

http://www.shadetreepowersports.com/Yamaha-Star-Saddlebag-Lid-Organizer-p/85-95.htm

Our Price: $39.95 - saddlebags

http://www.shadetreepowersports.com/Yamaha-Star-Trunk-Lid-Organizer-p/85-96.htm

Our Price: $34.95 - trunklid

Yes. Shadetree was out of the RSTD/Vent ones and people posted that they had no idea if or when they would be restocked. So, that is why i went the HD route.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tx2sturgis

Unless they have figured out a way to use epoxy, the adhesive will eventually let go. Mine did.

If you have a trunk rack, you can use fender washers and secure that organizer permanently to the bolts on the inside of the lid.

:happy34:

• 3 months later...

Well...

the saddlebag lid organizers broke loose when the weather started to get colder. So, velcro will last for awhile.

I installed saddlebag lid rails recently, so now I had something for the organizers to mount to underneath the lid.

here ya go!