IGNORED

"Fan On" indicator

There is a switch for the fan installed by a PO. It's hard to know when it's on as you go down the freeway, I though it would be nice (not nessesary but nice) to have a small LED in the dash come on when the switch is on. Can some one provide a parts list and a diagram to do this?

There are 2 wires that go to the fan. Just connect your indicator light to those 2 wires and the indicator will come on any time the fan is commanded on.

I would be surprised if the fan ever comes on while at speed, the speed of the bike will ram more air through the radiator than the fan ever could. The fan is more for slow speed driving or stop and go traffic when there is minimal airflow.

My Venture has a gauge and it works, it's never reading as high as some say all Ventures do. It runs just above the lower break in the green line on the highway, in town with stop and go it goes up a bit. When I turn on the fan I just want a little red light to come on to tell me it's on, maybe there is a way to wire it so it'll light up whether or not I turned it on or the thermo-switch did...

Pretty sure all 1st gen fans switch the power to the fan. Yes the early Venture had a one wire thermoswitch that grounded, but it just grounds the fan relay coil, which sends power to the fan. Later models have a 2 wire thermoswitch on the power supply to the fan, no more relay.

The advantage of the running light wiring on post 5 is you know there is 12 V to the fan and a ground from the fan...so its most likely running.

Edited by Neil86