IGNORED

starter doesnt stay turning

I have an 07 RSV and when I push the starter button it starts to turn over then a loud snap and it stops and when i push it again just a click I thought it might be the battery so I charged it overnight and the same I took the battery nto be load tested and its good so is it the starter or something else?

Is it possible you have a hydraulic lock from liquid gasoline in the cylinder? One test is to remove spark plugs and try turning it over.:080402gudl_prv:

Hopefully its not this ^^, but you should check this out.Stuck float can fill cylinder with gas. Is oil overfull? Remove plugs and do this test before doing bongobobny's test. If it is hydrolocked, the extra current from jumping the solenoid may get you a bent a rod.

How many miles? Bike been sitting?

Sounds like a bad electrical connection to me - start with the main engine ground just above the clutch cover. If that is good, focus on the battery connections and the starter connections. Take the cables off the battery and SCRAPE them with a knife - often they can develop a hard CLEAR coating much like glass that is an insulator.

Goose