IGNORED

Need Front brake master cylinder.

Flyinfool

Looking for a good front master cylinder.

I put on a delink kit and was unable to get a good lever action. I can easily pull the lever till it contacts the grip and only have a fairly good front brake action The front brake was better when I was only using one side. I have used every bleading trick ever written in this website and even some that were never written, but it still is not right.

I took my master apart to do a rebuild and the bore is very pitted.

So rather than spend $25 on a 14mm hone to try to clean it up (some of the pits are pretty deep) which still may not work.

I am looking for a good front master to buy.

I know there are a few people parting out bikes.

I am also watching a couple on flea bay. But I hate to buy one from a stranger on ebay, pay the shipping, and find out the bore is just as bad as what I have.

I STILL HAVE LAST YEARS GAS IN THE BIKE!!!:crying:

Edited by Flyinfool

Jeff:

I'm pretty sure I have one around here somewhere. I'll see if I can dig it up. If so you can have it for shipping.. I am hoping to go to Bob's later in the week so I can ship it from his place (States Side) to save a few $$$

Wayne

Since you delinked the brakes, it would be helpful if you put a 9/16" master on at this time. That will give you more volume to drive the doubled caliper piston volume.

MKII's had 9/16" brake master's. MKI's were 1/2".

Gary

Edited by dingy

I'm pretty sure what I have is the MkII

Wayne,

There is "14" cast into master reservoir near banjo bolt port on the 9/16" units. 14mm roughly equals 9/16" (.5511")

1/2" masters had "1/2" cast on them. Don't know why fractions once & metric on later unit.

Gary

Since you delinked the brakes, it would be helpful if you put a 9/16" master on at this time. That will give you more volume to drive the doubled caliper piston volume.

MKII's had 9/16" brake master's. MKI's were 1/2".

Gary

My bike is an 88 and does have the 14mm master.

With all of the pitting inside it might be closer to 15mm in places now. :whistling:

• 3 weeks later...