IGNORED

1997 RSTD Front Fender Emblem?

I also have noticed little things which differ between 97 RSTD's.. my saddle bags have side protectors while I see many that do not. I just always chalked it up to the options ordered or installed on the bikes (much like all the options avail to cage owners), but I could be wrong.

Why does my bike not have the chrome words "Tour Deluxe" on the front fender like this one?

This is not my bike but mine is the same color scheme but it lacks the front fender emblem.

Some owners take them off for a cleaner look they say. I am not sure, but I would lean towards that the Tour DeLux had this emblem as a standard thing. Would be very surprised if an emblem that stated the bikes type was an optional thing.

These you can buy on eBay for little money if you want one.

Some owners take them off for a cleaner look they say. I am not sure, but I would lean towards that the Tour DeLux had this emblem as a standard thing. Would be very surprised if an emblem that stated the bikes type was an optional thing.

These you can buy on eBay for little money if you want one.

I could see that being the case if they were bolt on because then they would be easy to remove but then you'd be left with empty holes in the fender.

As it appears, they must be mounted with adhesive of some sort because my fender has no holes for mounting. Everyone knows how fun it can be to remove adhesive from paint you don't want scratched. Can take quite some effort.

I really have no clue, which is why I'm asking, and all input is appreciated.

I thought they may have been an after thought maybe, possibly added later in the model year.?

Has anyone noticed any later models than 1997 without the insignia on the fender?

Probably held on with double stick emblem adhesive. Somebody thought it looked better without. I see quite a few RSV without the "star" on the gas tanks also.

Well I can't argue with the fender emblem, I could take it or leave it, especially since I

can only find them online for about $50 each. :shock3:

But the tank chrome, I've seen pics of bikes without it and to me it's a must have.

the fender emblems were just held on with double side tape and many were removed due to thin edges getting turned up while washing and looking like crap from being bent.

the only ones that had them came with the hard side saddle bags.

mike:detective:

yamaha # 4ye-2152a-00-00 ........................................................$81.99 each!

Edited by eusa1

It is a Tour DeLuxe for sure. A Tour Classic has floppy leather bags, the Tour DeLuxe had hard bags. The Tour DeLuxe from 97 to 01 hard hard bags like yours, they are different than the ones on the Ventures and the later model (05 to 10) Tour Deluxes that used Venture bags. It is possible that after 99 when the Venture came out the original Tour Deluxe used the Venture style bags, because the original style bags had a bad habit of shedding the lids as you went down the road, because of the way they fastened on, I just do not remember for sure i fthey made that change to the TD before the 05 Venture base done came out. A quick check of the parts fische would tell you if you really need to know.

All Tour DeLuxe and Tour Classics had fender emblems on them when they left the factory, some removed yours, that is easily done with a hair dryer and some fishing line.

Also That color scheme and style was never offered on a Tour Classic as far as I can remember, only on the Tour DeLuxe.

It is a Tour DeLuxe for sure. A Tour Classic has floppy leather bags, the Tour DeLuxe had hard bags. etc...

Excellent information, thank you to everyone that replied!

Just need to say, I've never been in love with a bike like I am with this one.

The comfort, the gearing, the power, the SOUND...I just love everything about it...

Side note:

My buddy just bought a 2012 Vulcan Nomad 1700 and we rode together last week

with the wives.

He kept asking me had I removed the baffles from my pipes because of how great

it sounds...you can barely hear his machine because they have it choked out so much...:cool10: