IGNORED

Close one on the way home.

alounsbe

Man I had a close call tonight on the way home. I went for a ride with a friend who just got a new bike. The weather was nice so I figured I would take the chopper out and blow the cobwebs out of it. So on the way home I was running 70 on I 95 about three car lengths behind a pickup truck when a large steel truck hub cap flys out of the back of the truck headed directly toward me about head light high. All I could think of was if this thing gets under me I am going down hard. So I jogged right and as it passed I fined it off with my left foot and leg, man did that hurt. But over all this could have been a very bad day. I guess the Big Guy was looking out for me today.

Hard to believe the crap that people allow to just roll around and sit loose in the back of a pickup. Many people use them as rolling trash cans and throw stuff in it as they drive down the road.

I don't suppose you whipped out a chain and gave this guy a good whipping after? :)

A friend of mine was driving his car back from a car convention and a semi dropped a very big I beam that speared the car and caused it to wreck into the ditch. Took out a lot of the car, but it was a Taurus and helped protect the guy and his wife.

I was lucky riding to Chicago one summer on I-55 when a truck loaded with pallets stacked WAY too high passed me going about 90 and leaning all over the place. I slowed way down and hung to the right watching for traffic from behind, when about 2 minutes later I saw a huge cloud of dust over a hill and lots of brake lights. Truck and load was all over FOUR lanes and a real mess. Could have been me!

Glad you came out with just a bump.

You were lucky, Alan!

A friend of mine was following a truck a few years ago, late at night on the highway, and an inflated rubber raft came out of the back and took him down! Put him in the hospital for a few weeks.

alan,

the "big Boss", was just giving you a "reality check".

glad you passed with flying colors.

funny how something like this, shows us how quickly life as we know it , could be changed forever.

horse liniment will help the "shin bone", to feel better, providing there is no broken skin.

just jt

Guest tessa c2

well one of the good things about it , is that it was on the ground, it's when they are in the air like a frizzbe, where it is tough, usually end up catching those in your teeth, but the bikes are pretty stable going at a normal speed, so far i have knocked off a coon, and a coyote with mine, and all it was, was a bump, Partrages are bad, had one go through my lower air vent, knocked that out and had feathers and trimmings on the louvers, the rest of the covie bounced off the windshield and horns, was something like you would see on Star wars, and it always works out that you should have zigged instead of zagged.

Back in 91 or there abouts I was folowing a pickup on RT 11 in NY. I could see four (4) 55 gallon drums turned upside down in the back flying up and down a few inches and moving sideways. At the time he was only going around 40 MPH and I was thinking to myself, self you had better give him some space because those drums just might get airborn as he picks up speed. So I backed off about 1000 yards and sure enough at about 60 MPH 2 of those things decided to take flying lessons. He never even slowed down, just kept on going down the road. Even at 1000 yards they landed about 100 feet in front of me, had to stop for a cigarette after that one.

I don't follow pickup trucks now unless they are at least 1000 yards ahead of me.

Glad you made it out OK.