IGNORED

Next Florida M&E suggestion...

Barrycuda

Was kicking around the idea in my head of our next M and E be a in the morning. there is a this Amish breakfast joint called Yoders, in Sarasota. I thought the ambiance, service and food was delightful. It is not a big place mind you, but its quaint and different. might be a good ride for many of us. Thoughts? My initial thought process was maybe June 14th? I am not available the weeks before and my wife leaves the weekend after on a trip.

option B is lunch at the linger lodge, which is also in Sarasota. good food, a bit hard to find initially, but good atmosphere.

just another chance to get together prior to the IR

my 2 cents.....

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Linger Lodge will take resevations for a group of 8 or more. There is always the Shake Pit in Bradenton for an Ice Cream desert. Yoder's can be alittle tough for a group as they have limited seating.

I can see where Yoders may be much. I may just head out there anyway for breakfast and hang around town. I am down for the linger lodge. I took a solo road trip there with my RSV and it was a nice place.

Everyone cool with that? how bout the date of June 14?

Sugar and Spice changed owners a few years ago. The food is now just so so. Yoders is a better place. Der Dutchmen near Yoders is a larger more modern Amish style restaurant which most of the Amish snowbirds seem to like. Here is the website for the Oldpackinghouse Cafe in Sarasota.http://www.oldpackinghousecafe.com/ Great burgers.

Edited by BlueBeard

if there are no objections to the old packing cafe, as well as the date of June 14, lets make it official!! the address is :

987 South Packinghouse Drive

Sarasota, FL 34240

(941) 371-9358

Just off Palmer Blvd

one street over from Cattleman

My brother from NY, who bought my precious RSV will be down and he should be here joining us.

IF...there are no objections to place and date??!!??!!!

Then it's on !!!!!!!:fingers-crossed-emo

Edited by Barrycuda
getting address for Mike

Sorry its only a few miles south but, I work Saturdays.

I am also open and available for that Sunday, June 15.

Anyone can chime in on suggestions, as we know we can not get everyone together all the time. I missed a few from working weekends as well...

Rode past Packinghouse Café a few weeks back and looks closed down.

Google calls it closed as well. Called the number given on website and does the this number has been disconnected thing. Maybe someone can call during the day to confirm whether they are still open or not. If not open my, $.02 would be Der Dutchmen. Buffet style, good food, lots of seating, lots of parking. Fairly easy to find.

May want to go to Der Dutchman for better parking and seating,however I pass the Old packinghouse Cafe everyday and even called their phone after reading the post about their demise. Place is such a kitchey dump that it sometimes appears closed. But try to get in there on a friday or saturday when they have live music.

Saw my sister this weekend she also informed me that Sugar and Spice was gone. Guess I dont get out there that much. But they did say the Der Dutchman was a good place.

Der Dutchman Restaurant

3713 Bahia Vista St

Sarasota, FL 34232

Saw my sister this weekend she also informed me that Sugar and Spice was gone. Guess I dont get out there that much. But they did say the Der Dutchman was a good place.

Der Dutchman Restaurant

3713 Bahia Vista St

Sarasota, FL 34232

So can we settle on hitting this place, the Dutchmen in a few weeks?? Any objections?